Excerpt of Seymour Butts Radio interview

fonziGG

Interviewer: How has your development been going with the coaching staff in Philadelphia?

Seymour Butts: They have been world class. I have never felt better, stronger or faster since I joined the roster. I knew they would be taking a risk in picking me in the draft so I've been making sure to do my bit to earn my worth here in Philadelphia.

Interviewer: Thats great to hear. What have you been working on so far this season?

Seymour Butts: I've been mostly working on my skating, strength and offensive senses. The coaching staff has a very vigorous plan for me and we've been working on it every single hour of the day. I get into the practice facility around 6 AM and I'm heading home around 8 PM. This includes weight lifting, a light skate and video review.

Interviewer: I see you're working extremely hard on and off the ice. Who do you think has had the biggest influence this season?

Seymour Butts: I've been speaking with a lot of VHL players, VHLE players and Hall of Famers. They've all heard my story and have reached out. I guess the VHL wants to see a redemption arc and I'm prepared to give it all my all to make that happen. Some VHL players have also given me advice on how to turn quicker, pass faster and more intelligently. It's weird, I think mentally I'm prepared for the VHL however my body has to catch up to my mind. It'll take some time but I know I'll eventually get there.