matt to Malmo, did it work?

Matt thunder

So as you guys might or might not know, my actual player Matt thunder just changed team, from the capital of Latvia, Latvia, he mouved to a new city, not that far away, in Sweden, we are of course talking about the beautiful city of Malmo.

Of course at first it was hard for Matt, he knew it was going to happen as during the offseason the GM of Riga always told him that he wanted to trade him as he was hoping to get some new picks for the upcoming draft to finally try to make the team competitive, but nobody showed interest on Matt.

Time passed and to be honest Matt forgot that he had to be trade (I told you plenty of times that my player and myself are a lot dumb) and guess what happened?

Yeah, he got traded to Malmo.

It was a new experience for him, he was never traded in his career, he always stayed in the team that drafted him and of course it was hard, joining a new team with new traditions and new players is always hard.

Luckly for Matt the malmo players are great, on the ice and off the ice, and they made him feel at home since the first moment he landed on the sweden territory.

But now let's talk about the most important topic and also the reason why you clicked this media spot, did this trade worked for both teams?

Well for Riga only time will tell us, but of course two picks in the second round and fourth round are always good, and I hope it will be good because after all the time I have spent there, I still love that team and I will never stop, but as I said before, only time will tell us.

While for Malmo on the other hand the we can already see the results, 21 points ( 13 assists and 8 goals) in just 22 games, wich is just incredible if we consider that matt was a slow point maker during is stay in Riga (his record of points is 60 points, not bad but not that great  if we consider his teammates points), 54 blocked shoots, 91 hits and 61 penalties in minutes, not a bad start if you ask me if we consider that he is in a new team. (His points might have changed, because maybe you are reading this two days later or even a mounth later, those informations are just here to show you readers what Matt did in such a short time)

So yeah, at the end of the day, after all it passed I can say (if you ever have an other idea in mind just say it in the comments, you do not have to worry about it, I will read it immediatly) that this trade worked really good for both Malmo and for Matt, unluckly we will see Matt and Malmo only this season as next year Thunder is finally retiring and getting some well deserved rest, who knows what will happen to him?

526 words If I am not wrong at counting them

@Matt thunderwe’re really glad to have you around. Not only you bring more depth to our defensive for the playoffs but you also bring a great presence in our locker room. I’m satisfied with that trade and hopefully we can go far in the playoffs! ;) 

Edited by Dom

Review:

Hey Matt! Wonderful to see our newest member thriving on the blue line. It must’ve been tough to transition to another team. I have yet to have to move teams in the vhl, and I dread the day it happens to me. You are having a great start here, and we’ll see what we can do in the post season! Maybe add a bigger bolded title. Colour and a picture or 2 as well could help. Overall it was a nice read! 8.5/10