Interviewing a possible new star

We are at the trade deadline in the VHL, in Season 81. The final stretch of the season is coming upon us, and at the same time a new batch of newbies are also upon us as well! Coming off his final semester of college and heading into the winter holidays, we caught up with college standout and recent graduate, @Rhynex Entertainment AirRig GoodBrandSun! AirRig GoodBrandSun is a towering defender from Canada, who stands at 6'5'' and 220 lbs. A massive frame with conquering body checks, still working on his skating and shooting from the scouting reports, but big defensemen don't usually have good mobility to begin with, so much to be expected with that regards.

Reporter: Hello AirRig! Do you have a minute for a short interview? Congratulations on your successful college degree! What are your thoughts on turning pro and heading to the VHL?

AG: Hello. That's an interesting thought, turning pro. I just finished my degree, and at an interesting time as well. Not the usual Summer closure, eh? The VHL is an interesting choice! I've heard a lot about the league, lots of great hockey stars have played in the VHL! I'll probably need to try out for the minor league first, but that's a possible route to go for the meantime.

Reporter: Sounds like you've done your research! Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself? How you find your game and what kind of player you wish to be like?

AG: I've done a bit of research. Got to have a look into the future! Well I'm a big guy and I play defence. A defence-first type of guy. I'll step up for my teammates. Play good in my own zone and get the pucks though on net in the o-zone. Get that big hit when I get the chance. You know, the nitty-gritty stuff.

Reporter: It's definitely going to be a different kind of game from what you've been experiencing in college. How are you going to adapt to changes? What will you work on first to help you challenge for playing time in the big leagues and play against the best of the best?

AG: Well that's hard to say, I haven't really experienced what it's like to play in the league yet! I've heard players are a lot faster and that it's a pretty offensive scoring league. Not much of a defense, but maybe I could change that? Then again, I could be wrong and maybe everyone is super defensive. Regardless, one thing I know for sure, and that It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Reporter: How do you like your game will translate against players as good or even better than you?

AG: Well, I'll just focus on my game and worry about that later. I'm a big guy. So, I'll just though my body around and try to stay out of trouble. Keep my game simple and see how things go.

Reporter: Have you thought of where you would go first?

AG: I'm not sure yet, but I've heard it's pretty nice in Vegas.

Reporter: Best of luck AirRig! We hope to see you again later!

AG: Thank you!

[word count: 537]