Rambling for 2 TPE

solas

So my new recreate is going to be drafted this offseason, and I don’t think I’ve ever really said anything about my plans for this player. To be honest, that’s because I barely have any. I didn’t even know if I was going to recreate right away - I told some people that I was planning on taking a break but ended up deciding not to. My logic was that I don’t plan to be a big TPE whore, hall of fame player this time around, so there’s no harm in just creating at the deadline and claiming 5 TPE pension.
What are my plans past that? I have no idea. I’ve thought about testing free agency a bunch of times with this player (or at least after my rookie contract). That’s something that I’ve thought about doing a lot with past players, but I never really end up committing to it since free agency is always more difficult than I anticipate going into it. I always feel bad about saying no to teams who put a lot of effort into their pitch. So I might do free agency again, but I don’t know if I’ll do the Leeroy Jenkins thing (older members will know what this means) and just sign one-year contracts. At one point I was thinking about trying to play for every single team in the league during my time here, but at this point there are so many expansion teams that I don’t even know if I could do it unless I had like four more players. Being on one team for my whole career with Camus was fun, but of course that was much easier as a goalie when only so many teams have a spot so you’re less likely to be traded. Defensemen seem to be more in demand now. 
Also, I have to say the holiday charity drive has been really fun this year and it’s been nice to be even a small part of it. Time to dust off the old photoshop so I can make rory their sig.

24 minutes ago, solas said:

I don’t know if I’ll do the Leeroy Jenkins thing (older members will know what this means) and just sign one-year contracts.

I knew this more as the Robbie Special or whatever he called it. I think you'd be the first member since Robbie to do this if you did, actually.

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

I knew this more as the Robbie Special or whatever he called it. I think you'd be the first member since Robbie to do this if you did, actually.

Jenkins is more memorable to me since he was actually a hall of fame player that everyone wanted to sign :P

11 minutes ago, solas said:

Jenkins is more memorable to me since he was actually a hall of fame player that everyone wanted to sign :P

At least I'm aware of the first part I guess.

Boomer

12 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

12 hours ago, solas said:

And I think he holds (or at least held?) the record for most Continental Cups by an individual player.

1 hour ago, Fire Vigneault said:

And I think he holds (or at least held?) the record for most Continental Cups by an individual player.

I remember he had it for a while at least. I think Black Velvet might’ve broken/tied it?