Luc Tessier Breaks Out!!!

KC15

Well, well, well … after three seasons of below expectations performance, Luc Tessier, center for the rising Davos Dynamo has finally had his break out season in his fourth. This is particularly satisfying as I as the user behind the player have been very disappointed in Luc’s progress and two of my teammates have a podcast in every offseason that rates all of the Dynamo players and it has been very tough to hear their sharply honest critique of this former 4OA draft pick.

You can see the break out in all of the main indicators of success in the VHL. Starting with …

Goals

Luc Tessier broke into the league in S78 and he notched 18 goals. This felt very good for a rookie season and would have been just fine if he had continued to progress year over year. However, the following season he lit the lamp just 16 times – two short of Luc’s rookie total. Bummer. And then in his 3rd season he improved to 23 goals. That is some progress over the rookie total, but barely.

It would take until this current season to see Tessier realize more of his true potential. With 10 games left, Tessier has found the back of the net an impressive 44 times. This puts the young centerman on pace to score more than double his prior year’s total of goals with 48. His successful goal scoring campaign is founded in Luc’s team leading 11.52% shot percentage.

For perspective, Luc’s 44 goals are only 4 behind Taro Tsujimoto who holds the team lead in that category.

Assists

The same is happening on the assist side of the scoresheet. In his second season, Luc took a massive leap forward by tallying just a few assists from double the number of apples (32 vs. 19) than in his rookie year. It appeared that Luc had found his role on the Dynamo, but that evaporated in his third season when his total of helpers plummeted to just 17 – 2 less than even his rookie campaign.

But this just makes the breakout all the more impressive. Luc’s assist total skyrocketed from 17 to 48 and counting in the current season. That puts him on pace for 52 in S81 on the season and a banner year.

For perspective, Luc is 1 assist ahead of Taro and trails only Reylynn Reinhart and David Tavau – impressive company indeed.

The Next Mountain to Climb

Tessier is thrilled with his breakout individual performance, but that just makes him all the more focused on his overarching goal from the beginning – to win a Cup for the Davos Dynamo fans. Davos is becoming a perennial playoff team, but it has yet to advance deep into the second season. With this being his personal breakout year, Luc – along with all of Davos – is being to believe that this just might be the team’s breakout year as well.

Success in the regular season has been established. Now the Dynamo will have to prove they are ready for the playoff season as well.

Let’s go Davos!

512 words

Review: 9/10

Congrats on beginning to come around! I've been there with a frustrating early start to the career, and a bit of team success can indeed also go a long way towards getting past those struggles. The article itself read very cleanly, didn't notice any grammar issues on a first read. I really appreciate the sections and the subheads as well, certainly helped with readability. I'm good with the font and size changes - if I had a nitpick it's that I'm always a fan of photos and/or headlines as well, but that's a small thing. Great story of Luc's career thus far, and best of luck in the playoffs!