Wranglers End of Season

Well, Season 81 has come and gone, and the playoffs are soon to get underway. The Calgary Wranglers had some ups and downs during the season, but ultimately end with a 42-20-10 record, which is good for 3rd in their conference.

Let's take a look at their last couple of games to end the season.

ChicagoBar_8LY8jf9.pngChicago Phoenix vs. Calgary Wranglers CGY_bar_mFmKLZ5.png

In this game, Calgary was of course the favourite, with Chicago being at the bottom of the league. In the 1st Period, Tom Eagles takes an early high sticking penalty, and sends Chicago straight to the powerplay. Jackson Philliefan put in work and scored a PP marker, giving Chicago the early 1-0 lead. The Wranglers would storm back though, as Pekko Viitanen scored at 12:20 with his 23rd of the season, tying this game at 1-1. Then only a couple minutes later at 14:57, Gustislav Nasherov scored his 49th of the season, giving Calgary a 2-1 lead heading into the 2nd. In the 2nd, the Calgary trend would continue, but it was less eventful. Nathan Perry scored his 36th at the 6:11 mark, which brought this game to 3-1, and that would hold until the 3rd. The 3rd period is where things opened up a bit more. Early at 5:58, Gustislav Nasherov scored his milestone 50th goal of the season, and followed that up with his 51st at 15:53. This game would end by a score of 5-1. Sirkants Klamasteris' 25 of 26 saves and Nasherov's hat trick would be the stories in this one. 

CGY_bar_mFmKLZ5.pngCalgary Wranglers vs. London United LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

This was another game where the Calgary Wranglers were the heavy favourite. The 1st Period was an eventful one, where London's Shane Lazeski started it off with his 37th goal of the season, to give London the 1-0 lead. At 7:51, Saku Kotkakoivu's 29th tied it up at 1. 26 seconds later, Sportsboy57 scored to make this 2-1 United. At 10:48, Gustislav Nasherov scored and tied it up, but Shane Lazeski scored under 2 minutes later to give the London United a 3-2 lead heading into the 2nd. With 15 shots each, neither goalie had a great outing. In the 2nd Period, Calgary turned it around when Nils Tallinder scored 43 seconds in, tying this game 3-3. With under 10 minutes left in the period, Gustislav Nasherov scored to make this 4-3 for the Wranglers. They held that lead into the 3rd Period. Despite the 20-15 shots in favour of Calgary, the 3rd Period was scoreless, and Calgary held that 4-3 lead to a victory. Sirkants Klamasteris saved 38 of 41, while London's Tater Tot saved 50 of 54.

As far as my own player goes, Saku Kotkakoivu had a decent season. 29 goals and 59 points in 72. Decent for a rookie, but nothing spectacular. I hope to keep improving on that.

"I think we have what it takes to go far in the playoffs. Once you hit the post-season, it's anyone's game. It doesn't matter how you got here anymore. It's time to put in work." - Saku

Review:

This is some solid media and a great example for newcomers on how to create a media spot with the word limit and make it presentable and easy to read. I think the added logos, paragraph spacing, and bold/underline text are all hallmarks of quality editing that allow the reader to follow the media more clearly. I think the only thing that MIGHT be missing would be an additional photo, let's say of the city or in game action, but that is nitpicking. Great work as always DAAD.

9.5/10

Review:  I loved this media spot!  This (to me) is a perfect example of a great article talking about the team's performance as well as yours.  The team logos make it look professional and the narrative structure is succinct and to the point.   8/10. 

Very good, lots of stats included to show what happened in the games. I like how you made the titles, its easier to read and looks nice. I dont find it too hard to read and gets the information across, good job. 8/10