We have been here before!

Ricer13

Good morning VHL,

Ricer here from the Calgary Wranglers. We find ourselves in a spot we have seen too many times before, with a 2-0 lead over the Seattle Bears. I should be excited about this and there is a tiny part of me that is, but overall I am not. It seems as history repeats itself that we are infamous for taking early series leads to only squander them away. Seattle is the usual team that ruins all of our hopes and dreams each time this happens. 

It’s important to remind the players that although we have a lead , we must stay humble and not get too excited. We are playing one of the best offensive teams in the league and at any moment the tides can turn in their favour and we will be exiting the playoffs in the first round yet again. 

It’s amazing what Seattle has done with such a quick turnaround bringing in guys lose Lose, Odinsson and Chara. They all deserve a shot at a cup but I want it more for the Wranglers who have stuck with me through the good and the bad. They deserve this opportunity as so many are late in their careers. They’ve put in the time, the work and have had fun doing it. Now let’s see if we can get the job done.

word count : 227