Sergey Preobrazhensky: Season Recap

Bulduray_1

Stars rookie defenseman Miro Heiskanen selected to 2019 NHL All-Star Game

Sergey Preobrazhensky: Season Recap

Moscow- Several days ago, the Cologne Express ended their season in heart-breaking fashion. Losing Game 5 of the VHLE Semi Finals, 6-4 to Stockholm that ended the team’s chances for a run at the VHLE Cup. Many fans expected the team to make it to the finals and possibly even win the playoffs. In the end, the young Cologne team was unprepared against a tough Stockholm team. Although this was the case, Sergey Preobrazhensky played very well throughout the playoffs, racking up 4 goals and 1 assist in 5 games. We got a chance to ask him some questions after the game.

Reporter: Hey Sergey, overall it has been a disappointing playoff series for your team. What do you think has been the biggest problem for the team in the playoffs?

Sergey: I believe we didn’t stay true to the way we play. We had success against this team in the regular season. In the playoffs, we changed our play-style and became way too passive on offense, while not being aggressive on defense. That’s what ultimately led to our demise in my eyes.

Reporter: Are you satisfied with your performance this season?

Sergey: I would say that this season for me has been successful. I’ve honed my skills on the ice and I’ve matured as a player. I feel that I’m ready to take the next step in my VHL career.

Reporter: How are you looking to progress throughout the off-season now that your season is done?

Sergey: I’m just going to keep on working, simple as that. This off-season is going to be much less hectic for me as my (S81) draft is already done. Now I have more time to practice and learn by myself, which I’m looking forward to.

But not all questions that Sergey answered were questions about this season, or this offseason. Some questions were directed at Sergey’s VHL future, as you may have already known, Sergey was drafted to the Moscow Menace. Although neither Sergey or the club has made it official that he’ll be called up to join the club. It's almost certain he will be, seeing the results he put up in the VHLE.

Reporter: Regarding next season, if you were to land in Moscow next year. How much would that mean to you?

Sergey: It would mean everything to me, Moscow holds a very special place in my heart. So it would be a dream come true if I could play hockey with them.

Reporter: Your promotion to the VHL is inevitable. The VHL is a tough league with many stars, how will you be able to handle all the competition on the ice?

Sergey: Yeah, many of hockey’s finest play right here in the VHL. But I’ve got to trust my skills on the ice. I know I have what it takes to become the best of the best if I really put my mind into it. 

Although this season was full of ups and downs for Sergey, he excelled in the VHLE. He’s shown everyone that he’s a force to be reckoned with. And it’s only a matter of time when his talent comes to the VHL. We applaud Sergey for his great skill on the ice, and we hope to see even more excellence from him next year!

Review:

I can almost hear Fong in my mind as I write this but well done on the presentation of this media. Starting it off with a picture brings us right into the story as we can visualize your player. The alternating colors of text allow for an easy read and your formatting is on point. I think I might of made the font size a bit bigger as for some reason it looks smaller than normal to me, but it is Monday morning after all. Well done on creating a good story based media that helps the reader stay on point. :)

9/10

Review:

I really like how you've added a photo. I think it adds a lot to the article as it gets us to see how you envision your player. Also, the formatting on this article is absolutely fine but I think some additions would help. I believe if you formatted this article centred would be a huge addition to the aesthetic. I also think if you added some bold or italics, it would've made it really jump out of the page. Otherwise, the content was fun and I can't wait to see what other media you can produce!

9/10

Edited by Squidward2