Big Offseason Ahead in Helsinki

CowboyinAmerica

Helsinki -- Last year was treated as a building year for the Helsinki Titans. Sure, it would have been nice to sneak into the playoffs, and Alex Johnston's stats in particular made for some nice highlight reels. But the goal was always to be playoff-ready by S82, and it sure seems like the team is about ready.

There's a cavalry coming from the VHLE and VHLM: winger Nezuko and defenseman Flynn Remy will most certainly be up, and Kyosti Karjalainen, Wattson Power and perhaps even William Groves are possibilities for next season. Add that to the team's pre-existing playmakers (including a recently-extended Alessandro Nano), and there's certainly something bright on the horizon.

"I feel good about next year, I really do," goalie Xavier Booberry said. "We've got a growing team, and I think we're really ready to start making some noise.

But would Helsinki look to bolster its chances even further with a trade? It's possible. The team has the fifth overall pick in the coming draft, which it could certainly use to add more young talent, but also for a potential trade. The team also has all of its own future picks, plus a Seattle first for next season.

All together, it's a nice war chest should the team want to accelerate the rebuild. Either way, though, Booberry will be fine. "I can see the benefits of a win-now mode, but my goal is championships," Booberry said. "Whether that's taking it slow or making a move, however we're lifting the Cup, I'm good."