Steve had thoughts

Steve

It has come and gone, the draft that is. Max Torq is reunited with a team with a winning pedigree. It should be a great career once Max grows into the role that is going to help the team. Meanwhile, Max is in the VHLE with the Vikings. It is all new to me about how that league will play out but I know it has good leaders and if I play the season there, it will be another notch of experience that will only help the team and my player. Win win.

Max is my third player. I first had Guy LeGrande, a defenseman, who had a great cup winning career. The road was bumpy. Seems so long ago but the bad choices that were made has stuck with me and it seems the league never forgets drama. I have grown as a member or maybe adapted is a better term. Being a few generations older than just about everyone in the league does raise the question, why am I even here. I think my main strength comes from the desire to do my best. I have changed my way of looking at the league. I realize that there are many different cultures here and I need to respect that. I am actually a very social person, just not social media. It's just the way things are and I am fine with the limited interactions I have with the league.

Well, after recreating another defenseman, my expectations for him are to provide a defensive minded checking player that can score if needed. I don't expect leader board numbers from Max or I would have made another center. My destiny is going to be more of a unsung hero. Good all around player without too much of a downside. So, after have my first player do well as a non checking defenseman and my second player, John Merrick, had an outstanding career ( but no cups ), I decided to make something that should be on the side of being nasty but effective. We will just have to see if the build I have in mind works as intended.

I had all intentions of calling it quits after winning another cup with Ottawa. I figured my time here was done and time to go on my way. If not for a couple of what I consider really close friends that I have made here, I wouldn't be writing this article. I had to rethink what the league means to me. I come here for my player, my team and most import, for myself. I need to fill in the gaps of everyday life. Without the league in my routine, I would just be hurting myself. I choose to stay, go through the draft and recommit to being the best member I can be.