Landry II Hired As Toronto's AGM

Doomsday

Landry II Hired As Toronto’s AGM

DpaY44QX4AAswtQ?format=jpg&name=large

TORONTO - Heading into Season 82, Toronto Legion General Manager Rylan Peace announced that he had hired Thomas Landry II as the new Assistant General Manager, capping off the off-season with not a roster move, but a managerial position.

“I’m thrilled to step into this role with Toronto,” beamed Landry II at the press conference where his hiring was announced. “I’ve been involved with this team for a little while now and I have really enjoyed working here with the players. It means a lot to me that Rylan (Peace) thinks I’m capable of doing more to help the Legion bring the Continental Cup back to Toronto, and I can’t wait to get to work and help make that a reality.”

1213523530.jpg.jpg

Landry II, who played eight seasons in the VHL, all with the Prague Phantoms, is part of a proud lineage in the VHL. His father, Thomas Landry, played for three teams, although he is most prominently known for serving as the captain for the HC Davos Dynamo’s Continental Cup-winning teams in the 30’s. The elder Landry also worked in the front office for several VHLM teams, including serving as the General Manager of the Oslo Storm and the Saskatoon Wild. For Landry II, this is his first official role in management in the VHL.

“I seem to be pretty good at following in my father’s footsteps,” laughed Landry II, “But at the same time, I’m doing so in my own way. Gotta make the journey your own somehow, right?”

Jethro Novacek is an award-winning writer for the MSFL Times, the virtual virtuoso of simulation sports news. He enjoys the satisfaction of Tastykakes, the rigors of training with resistance bands, and the joys that come with working from home.