Thadius Sales Makes Major Announcement

thadthrasher

Shut Out GIF by WhiteWhale

Vancouver Wolves goaltender Thadius Sales took a lap around the ice following Vancouver’s 2-0 victory over the Calgary Wranglers where he was deemed the 1st Star of the game. This victory marked the first of hopefully many shutouts that Sales has this season. Following the lap around the ice, and after a much needed shower, Sales appeared before the press.

“Sales, you played phenomenally tonight. You phased 37 shots and it seemed like you saw every single one of them without a problem. Honestly, it looks like you’re playing the best you’ve ver played before. What are your thoughts?”

“Yea, those 37 shots were beastly, and I’m not gonna lie, I thought for sure that a few were squeaking passed me. But, yea, I’ve been feeling really good, especially after the back of last season. We brought home the cup, and I was able to bring home the Greg Clegne Trophy and the Aidan Shaw Trophy. It felt really good. I’ve been asked a lot by people what I’m going to do next, and frankly, I think I’m gonna end my career on a high note. I haven’t played very long, I know that, but I started late and I’m ready to slow down, meet a girl, have some kids. Who knows, maybe I’ll go back to selling paper and change my name back to Michael Scott! But, all of that to say, this will be my last season as not only a Vancouver Wolf, but as a goaltender in the Victory Hockey League.”

As Sales finished his statement the press room erupted. Questions flew at him faster than Calgary’s pucks! But, he was able to dip out of the room before being bogged down with too many more. As he walked back to the locker room he took a detour to the ice. He stepped out to the bench and sat down, in shorts and a t-shirt. The lights were dimmed, crews were cleaning, but it seemed like Sales was there all alone. It seemed like he was taking it all in again. This was the official statement of his retirement, and it was all so real now.

Breathing in deeply, Sales stood up and walked back to the locker room. Now, there is still an entire season ahead of Sales, and his time isn’t up. As he left the arena he stopped before a few media personnel to say, “the season’s just begun, and tonight was hopefully a reflection of what I’ll do during every game here on out. My big goal is to capture a few more personal trophies, maybe set a record, and bring Vancouver the cup again. I don’t plan on just playing well for myself, but for my team, my fans, and my family.”

With those parting words Sales got into his car and drove off. While it hasn’t been very long that Sales has played in Vancouver, both the city and the fans have taken him in as one of their own. Who knows where Sales will land after this season? But, one thing is for sure, he’ll always be home in Vancouver.

----

520 words, claiming week ending 6 February