Sergey's First Week in Moscow

Bulduray_1

Nashville Predators Set 2019-20 Opening Night Roster

Sergey’s First Week in Moscow

Moscow- This past week has been a memorable one for Sergey Preobrazhensky. He and many other rookies made their VHL debut with their respective teams. Playing for Moscow meant a lot for Sergey. His whole life had been dedicated to the game of hockey, now he has a chance to represent his own country while playing professionally.

Right before the season opener against HC Davos Dynamo. Sergey got called into the coach’s office. Sergey didn’t know what to expect heading into the coach’s office, usually, it was easy meeting with a coach. But Sergey was especially nervous today as it was his debut with the Menace. But when Sergey sat down and heard what his coach had to say, it was all smiles from there on out. 

It turned out that Moscow wanted to inform Sergey that he would be playing on the first line against Davos. This caught Sergey by surprise as he thought he would be playing on the 2nd or 3rd lines to start. But moving Sergey up in the lines boosted the young center's confidence a ton. “It just shows that the organization has a lot of trust in my abilities as a player, and I’m honoured to play a vital role in this team’s success,” Sergey announced during his press conference.

Being on the first line meant Sergey got to play with some of the most iconic players in Moscow. Including Paul Atreides and the captain, Duncan Idaho. “Both players have helped me develop in Moscow, I look forward to playing on the same line as them throughout the season,” Sergey said confidently with a smile on his face.

Sergey’s first week in Moscow has been an amazing experience for Sergey so far. Sergey has played in six games, he’s scored his first goal against Warsaw and has five assists to go along with the stat line. “I was blessed to have both my family and friends in the stands for that goal, it meant a lot to me,” The young Russian said in his press conference after the game against Warsaw. 

Although Sergey was now a VHLer, he still knew there were bumps in the road relating to his game. Even though one of the biggest key things Sergey worked on in the offseason was skating, he was still slower than most of the other guys on the ice. “Hockey is a frustrating game, but you gotta trust in the process if you want to excel in this sport. My skating will improve over time when I play more games,” But that wasn’t all Sergey spoke to the press about his performance. He also wants to improve his accuracy as a shooter. “Half of the time, I miss where I aim my shot at. I need to get better at that if I want to stay in this league.” Sergey uttered out in a negative tone.

So far, there have been some ups and some downs for Sergey. He’s still getting used to the atmosphere of playing in the VHL. Not only that, he’s still getting used to competing against VHL’s best. We hope to see more success from Sergey in the upcoming weeks!