Kisslinger's Rough start

Kisslinger

Things have not been easy this season for Zach Kisslinger II. Kisslinger has been struggling to contribute to his team on the stat sheet, he has gone pointless a couple times this season and it is a little disappointing.

Today we had an exclusive interview with Kisslinger to ask him what is going on.

ice hockey GIF by NHL

Q. Hey Kisslinger, this past offseason, you made some big goals, do you think you can still reach them, even with your rough start?

A. Yeah of course, It is no secret that I have not been playing my best hockey. There are so many talented players on the Warsaw roster so I know for a fact that I will start to pick up on the stat sheet. The season is also young, so it will take me a couple games to find my groove.

hockey falling GIF by Carolina Hurricanes

Q. Do you think that these new players coming in has affected your performance?

A. Yeah, but in a positive way. Our rookies and veteran forwards are scoring so it is giving me some time to develop some different aspects of my game. I am using my body more on the ice and it feels good. I really like all our new players, which have been playing amazing and I cannot be more proud of them!

200.gif

Q. Do you feel any pressure from the management to do well after the contract extension?

A. Honestly, no. The management believes in the team, and we are still winning games, with or without me scoring a lot. The management has been amazing with bringing in a core that will be championship material in a season or two. The management is amazing and really reinforces the family aspect here in Warsaw. It is the environment to be around for sure.

Nervous Gordon Ramsey GIF by BBC

Q. Do you have any plans to make your performance improve?

A. Yeah, for sure. I have been cutting back on the hard body work outs and I am just going to continue being me. I was almost rookie of the year and put up 92 points in my rookie season, so I can only imagine what the future brings as I get better and establish myself more as a figure in Warsaw. I know I can be a top player in the league but if you want me to be honest, team performance matters more than individual performance to me.

200.gif

Q. Are there any teammates you feel like you play the best with?

A. Trunov for sure, we have been line mates for a while now and if we both are on fire, it can be dangerous for any team in the league. Happy that he the new captain and a very good replacement from the amazing captain we had before.

ice hockey hug GIF by NHL

Reporter: Thank you, Kisslinger for your time, we really appreciate you always answering our questions and giving us a great interview.

No problem at all, I really enjoy talking and letting my thoughts out there, I hope to impress you guys with tonight’s games, hopefully we get this season turnaround started.  

507 words, cheers