The twenty-seventh chapter of Baby Bob's life (Beginning of the season)

Baby Boomer

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to the twenty-seventh chapter of Baby Bob's life story. In this life story we will talk about the life of Baby, when he was young, his thoughts and his impressions before the drafts, during the seasons and during the playoffs. Baby Bob will also respond to questions from the fans, from the GMs and from the leaders of the VHL and the VHLM. The season started a couple of days ago and we can already see the pace of the season. In this chapter we will take a tour of the performances of the beginning of the season. 

Before the beginning of the season, Prague did a couple of trades to improve the team now and in the future. First, the Phantoms traded their star defencemen Battre Sandstrom to Riga in exchange of their first round pick from the upcoming draft. Second, Prague went to get Darth Kaprizov from the HC Davos Dynamo in exchange of the prospect, Hayden Rain and the second round pick from S83 and the third round from S84. Kaprizov is doing pretty good currently with the Phantoms as he got a total of eight goals and as much assists in 16 games.

Unlike Darth Kaprizov, the Prague Phantoms are not doing really well. Indeed, Prague are 12th out of 16 teams, with a record of 4 wins, 5 losses and one overtime losse for a total of 9 points in 10 games. In addition, the Phantoms are second to last in their conference just in front of Warsaw.  

« We really need to do better as a team, I mean the plan at the beginning of the season was to make the playoffs and win the Cup, but if we continue to play like that, we won’t even be close to make the playoffs » said Baby Bob after the last game of the Phantoms. 

Prague are aweful, but I think that Bob is not really helping. In fact, in 10 games Baby only got 5 goals and 7 assists for a total of 12 points. Also, Prague’s forward has a differential of –3 just like the whole team. At the beginning of the season, Baby Bob told us a little bit about his individual objectives for the season and after winning the Cup, the most important one was to reach 100 points this season. 

« I know that the team is not doing great, but I need to improve my individual performances first if I want the team to make the playoffs. Offensively, even if I think that I can do a lot better, I believe that I am doing good enough, but defensively, this is where I am doing very very awful. I am a –3 and it is inacceptable. I need to do better and I am really looking forward to do what I did last season. I don’t believe in bad second season, so I don’t have excuses ». 

Thanks for reading and see you next week for more of the life story of Baby Bob. 

508 words 

31 January – 6 february 

@Darth Kaprizov@Rain

Edited by Baby Boomer

• Baby Boomer changed the title to The twenty-seventh chapter of Baby Bob's life (Beginning of the season)