Jokinen to retire immediately? Assistant GM role in Calgary ''too good to turn down''

jRuutu

Calgary Wranglers are searching for a new assistant GM. Greg_Di is going to step down from the role after the ongoing season. Interest towards the assistant GM job is expected to be significant. One of the more surprising candidates could be Calgary Wrangler's defender Erlantz Jokinen, who commented on the job advertisement in his Instagram:

''Why do we play for? Money. I got my money already. When I heard about the job opening at the office, I was interested right away. I would not have to wake up early anymore to practice. I could drink during the season. I would not have to worry about training camps. All that would be over. If I get the assistant GM job, I will retire immediately as a player. The next step would be to hire someone to do the assistant GM job tasks for me, so I could enjoy the easy life. I would sleep in late, I would drink if I feel like it, and I would not worry about anything. The best part, I could wear a suit all day. For me, the idea is too good to turn down''.

Sounds far-fetched, but Erlantz Jokinen is known for outlandish behavior. Jokinen was fined $50k for stepping out of the team bus without any pants on two weeks ago. Jokinen said it was his right as an aspiring nudist to appear in public without pants, but the Calgary organization fined the defender for unprofessional behavior.