Lindbergh Mired In Sophomore Slump

Doomsday

Lindbergh Mired In Sophomore Slump

cut.jpg

TORONTO - Following a highly successful rookie season in which Oskar Lindbergh recorded a save percentage of .916% and helped to lead the Toronto Legion to a playoff series win over the Los Angeles Stars, expectations were sky-high for the Swedish goaltender heading into Season 82. With a better defensive core in front of him and skilled forwards, it seemed that Lindbergh was poised for a great season. So far, however, that hasn't been the case at all.

Following Toronto's 8-0 start to the season, Lindbergh has majorly struggled, going just 2-6-2 in that span, with his save percentage nearly dropping below .900% and his goals allowed average pushing 4.00. However, following the Legion's 3-2 shootout win over the Helsinki Titans, in which Lindbergh posted 54 saves on 56 shots, along with stopping all three Helsinki skaters in the shootout, there is hope that this big performance could translate to a big turnaround.

frederik-andersen-toronto-maple-leafs-02

"It has been very rough lately," admitted Lindbergh following a team practice. "Feeling as if you are the reason your team keeps losing will really wear you down. You keep trying harder and harder to make up for it, just to dig yourself into an even deeper hole. But that win against Helsinki, that felt great. I want to ride that momentum and turn my season around, because my teammates are counting on me to back them up."

Lindbergh gets his shot to build on that momentum and break out of the funk in his native home of Sweden against the HC Davos Dynamo.

Jethro Novacek is an award-winning writer for the MSFL Times, a quality source for quality simulation sports news. He enjoys a good steam at the sauna, spreading the good deeds of Usher, and yam GIFs.

14 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

DAVID (apparently this can only be written in capitals) is in Switzerland though... 

Same country smh😅