The Power of Productivity: A Story On How The VHL Helps Me Do My Schoolwork

jacobcarson877

So I am someone who experiences a lot of writer’s block and general blocks to productivity. After doing something I’m not immediately seeing success in I get this overwhelming feeling to stop and do something else. In fact 5 minutes ago I got that feeling and that’s why I’m writing this now.

By holding myself to earning, and specifically writing these articles, Media Spots, Game Recaps and Reviewing, I have given myself a lot of things that I have to do in a week. Put this on top of going to university full time, and working part time remotely, many of you could be confused as to why this all works for me.

By always having something to do that I have deemed “productive”, as long as I have started doing one of the many things I could be doing at any moment, I can do that thing and not lose momentum. By giving myself this minor success of writing something to earn TPE, I can sustain more time working on my assignments and my work. This is something that I’ve found particularly helpful in my struggle to be productive.

By framing the things I enjoy doing as “productive” I am able to both enjoy my spare time and hobbies, as well as maintain all of the traditional obligations I have. So I guess I should say thank VHL keeping me on task. Time to do a lab I guess?

Edited by jacobcarson877

Review:

That is an awesome idea! Just wish you had told me about five years earlier so I could have Applied it to my own college studies…

really nice to see that this fun site helps you with your productivity! Maybe I should try to implement your strategy into my own life.

it sort of feels like a chore to gain TPE but of the completion of it gives us a sense of accomplishment VHL might actually help us in real life too!!

thank you for a great idea, I’ll try to look at it the same way as you do! 😁