Moscow Creeping Closer...

Bulduray_1

Moscow Mayor's Ice Hockey Cup to be held from 22 till 25 August / News /  Moscow City Web Site

Moscow Creeping Closer…

Moscow- The VHL season has been showcasing many different players and teams throughout the season. But none greater than the Moscow Menace. The Menace were in the middle of a great big slump this season, a projected team that was supposed to dominate the VHL like it did a few seasons ago was now gasping for air. Last week saw them in the depths of despair being near last in the standings, but this week seems to be showing a glimpse of what Moscow is actually made out of. Coming into the start of the week, Moscow was 6th in the European Conference. They are now tied for 3rd spot in the conference. This team knew they had to do something quickly, and that all started with the pick up of Brian Schmigel, acting as the 6th offensive player on the team. Schmigel was placed on the first line which bumped Sergey down to the second line, but this move did wonders for team production. 

Today we’ll be meeting with Sergey Preobrazhensky and his outlook on the situation. Although it’s been a week since we’ve last heard from the young rookie, many things have changed around Moscow. It’ll be interesting to hear his insight into how Moscow is developing and how he’s feeling going into the second half of the season. 

Reporter: “Hello Sergey, welcome back to the booth. Moscow has been going through some rapid changes as of late, what are your thoughts on these changes? Most importantly, Moscow got Brian Schmigel who bumped you down to the 2nd line?”

Sergey: “Well, obviously it would’ve been great to continue to be playing on the 1st line but I understand that the team needed to do something to turn this bad luck around. I’m still getting adequate playing time with the right guys while winning and increasingly more games. So I’m fine with taking a hit, I know I’ll be back on the first line very soon.”

Reporter: “What has been the key difference in Moscow's success this past week in your opinion? “

Sergey: “I would say the mix up of lines definitely helped the cause. But not only that, we were more relaxed coming into games after Schmigel joined our team, everyone had close to equal playing time. We weren’t trying to compete against one another, we were just trying to win hockey games.”

Reporter: “Half of the season has already gone by, how are you reflecting back on your performance throughout that time?”

Sergey: “I know I haven’t put up as big of numbers as some other fellow rookies in the VHL. But I feel like I’ve accomplished many things throughout my tenure. I feel like without me, Moscow wouldn’t be where it is today. I've had my share of big moments here and picked up some crucial wins for this team. Unfortunately, many other rookies cannot be able to say the same thing about themselves because it simply isn’t true. Which is one thing that makes me stand out from other rookies.”

Moscow is slowly but maturely creeping up on the top dogs, it’s only a matter of time before Sergey and company make heads turn. We look forward to seeing what this team can do throughout the final stretch of the season!

Review 10/10

Great read, you did a really great job. I like the lay out, the colours look good, you added a nice picture and there is a title. The format is nice and the spelling and grammar are well done. I know it may be tough to be knocked down to the second line, but you will get back to that first in no time. There is nothing I would really change to this article, maybe center it but that could look weird. Great job and good luck. 

10 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

I feel like without me, Moscow wouldn’t be where it is today. I've had my share of big moments here and picked up some crucial wins for this team.

10000% correct, 15 goals and 17 assists and showing up a lot more recently after the lines changes. I'll always be super appreciative that we were able to trade our S82 1st instead of our S81 1st when we wanted to move up. Sergey has been a super underrated yet crucial contributor!