The Murder Mystery Was A Distraction: Beloved Board Game STOLEN!

ctots

Misfortune strikes at just the wrong time. A crime has been reported from the Showcase Tournament Arena. On-site reporters are standing by to provide further details.

When all anyone is talking about is the commission of murder, they let other transgressions go unnoticed. The crime that no one expected was the theft of The Board Game Clue On Skates from the Team Clue locker room prior to the Junior Showcase Tournament. Eyewitness testimony places The Board Game Clue On Skates on the premises when the Junior Showcase Tournament arena’s security system was engaged at 9:00PM on Friday. By the time staff unlocked doors to the facility on Monday morning, absolutely no trace of the beloved player/mystery game remained.

This heinous crime is being investigated feverishly by both local authorities and the JST commissioner’s office. Team Clue fans have long anticipated The Board Game Clue On Skates to take its rightful place behind the bench as an AGM this season, but it seems they may be forced to rely on an outside hire.

[BREAKING NEWS]

This just in: word from Team Royals about the whereabouts of The Board Game Clue On Skates. We bring you now to the transmission-in-progress:

“-cial forces unit was deployed under cover of night during the weekend to infiltrate JST facilities, recover the asset, and rendezvous at the Team Royals locker room. The operation was a flawless success, having gone unnoticed until the facility was opened today. As a result,”

[the screen displays a video feed of The Board Game Clue On Skates sitting comfortably on a plush velvet couch in the sitting room of Team Royals Headquarters. There is a half-empty cup of tea on the coffee table.]

“Team Royals will be adding our new guest to the payroll for the duration of the tournament as the Assistant General Manager. 

Why would we do such a thing? There are two benefits: first, we get the expertise of a very talented GM, and second, we get to deprive Team Clue of their security blanket. Psychological warfare begins well before the draft, dear audience.

We will not be taking any questions at this time.”

—--

Okay, that’s fun and all, but why did I really steal @MubbleFubbles from the JST team that’s named after him? What’s the point of all this?

Super honesty moment: I didn’t really do this intentionally, I just haven’t been around the league long enough to know that MubbleFubbles is, in fact, The Board Game Clue On Skates. As everyone knows, the best thing to do when you make a social misstep is to lean into it as hard as you can, so that’s what I did. I’m the villain now, I’ve stolen my AGM from a rival team, and I regret nothing.

I’m really excited to get some hype built up around the Junior Showcase Tournament - these rookies are rockstars and I want all of the VHLM GMs to see what they’re bringing to the table. If you’re competing in the JST, I can’t wait to see you on the ice. If you’re not eligible for the JST, consider supporting Team Royals! We’re the best team, and that’s by official decree, not an opinion.

This level of mysterious and evil plotting probably means that @ctots is actually just a Team Clue agent in disguise. Very cunning, I must admit. But this does mean that even if the Team Royals do win, somehow, then Team Clue still wins by proxy in the end!🕵️‍♂️