Season Review I Guess?

Ty343

My timing in joining this league was impeccable. Growing up I watched the VHL and VHLM and got to see many teams rise to the top and enjoy huge successes. I especially paid more attention to the VHLM because of my aspirations to play in the league one day and my two favorite teams ended up being the Houston Bulls and the Philadelphia Reapers. I became a Philadelphia fan because of the way the “City of Brotherly Love” was represented back in my home land and then joined an agency that had two former Reapers, and the Bulls after seeing their success during their history. So when I made the announcement that I was heading to the VHLM I knew that it would be hard to turn any of those two teams down. The only thing I didn’t expect was for the first team to offer me being the Bulls, in the middle of one of their best seasons. As soon as I saw the offer I knew it was over for other teams and I signed the contract. Some may say I just decided to sign with whatever team offered me first, but that couldn’t be further the truth, when a team like the Houston Bulls offers you you pick them.

The team has been predicted to win the Founders’s Cup, and getting to spend my first year in the league here is great. I’m not expecting to come back here next year, but I want to savor as much as I can and learn from this high level of competition. As for my game, I have changed a lot during my time here in the United States. In Switzerland I could focus more on the physical part of the game and my relative skill advantages compared to the rest made me not really worry about improving my offensive skills, but it’s so much harder now. If I had to describe myself coming into the VHLM I would say I was a total goon, but now I would consider myself to be more of a two way defenseman who can get some points for his team. I could still improve as a passer which is probably my next major focus.

Winning has been fun and getting to experience competition against the best of the best will do leaps and bounds for my development. My parents have been happy with me making it this far, and while they wish I got more playing time, they still send the Bulls front office letters expressing gratitude every week.

Anyways, the season is almost over and now I have to look forward in the future. This off-season is going to be huge. I play in the Junior Showcase Tournament a little when I had the time and even scored my first ever goal, and I got to prepare for the World Juniors coming up. I would be very happy to represent Team Europe and I have to show the management what I can do for them. I’m going to end this piece by saying the recent changes in the VHL will be interesting to see play out and it’ll be interesting to join the league during a time of great change. I’m going to interact with my future coaches a lot and make sure I’m able to adjust as best I can. Thanks for reading, and peace out.