My Random VHL Thoughts - S82 - Part 6

Fire Tortorella

• So, something VHL related - is it next season yet? It feels like forever since I've played a game and months since I played a meaningful game. This off-season is going to be extra long as well with the attributes reset, but that's going to be well worth the wait in my opinion.
  • Now onto the non-VHL related - @Doomsday (congrats on the GM job by the way) might find this interesting - @Squidwardand I went to our first Reading Royals game  today. It was teacher appreciation day so we got some discounted tickets and also $1 nachos (were good), hot dogs (were not great), and popcorn (didn't have). Thought the in arena experience was pretty good (and tbh the goal horn and accompanying light/smoke were better than expected) but the level of hockey is definitely lacking. I think the skill discrepancy is much more noticeable than going to a Reading Phillies game for instance. Could definitely see myself going back again.
  • Giroux trade - lol.

8 minutes ago, Fire Fletcher said:

Now onto the non-VHL related - @Doomsday (congrats on the GM job by the way) might find this interesting - @Squidwardand I went to our first Reading Royals game  today. It was teacher appreciation day so we got some discounted tickets and also $1 nachos (were good), hot dogs (were not great), and popcorn (didn't have). Thought the in arena experience was pretty good (and tbh the goal horn and accompanying light/smoke were better than expected) but the level of hockey is definitely lacking. I think the skill discrepancy is much more noticeable than going to a Reading Phillies game for instance. Could definitely see myself going back again.

You got to see my wife on the video board towards the end of the second period, she was one of the teachers/paraprofessionals being honored!

You also caught the Royals on an off day, they're usually much better than this as the first place team in their conference. But it's a quality experience IMO.

21 hours ago, Doomsday said:

You got to see my wife on the video board towards the end of the second period, she was one of the teachers/paraprofessionals being honored!

You also caught the Royals on an off day, they're usually much better than this as the first place team in their conference. But it's a quality experience IMO.

Minor league hockey is always fun especially on dollar dog night! Reading cane out swinging in the 1st period but it seemed like their strategy was more just throw it on net while the other team tried more skilled plays

1 hour ago, Squidward said:

Minor league hockey is always fun especially on dollar dog night! Reading cane out swinging in the 1st period but it seemed like their strategy was more just throw it on net while the other team tried more skilled plays

It was the third game in as many days against the same team. They lost 3-2 on Friday despite a 30-14 shot advantage (wasting the presence of Gritty), won 5-2 or something like that on Saturday, and then yesterday's stinker.