Vasile Lamb Rookie Experience

dlamb

merlin_156826872_3a7c4daa-8587-47f5-b1d8-6e89d4cd735c-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Above: Vasile Lamb puts on a New York Americans jersey and hat after being selected 1st Overall in the Season 82 VHL Draft

Being drafted 1st overall is a ton of pressure, especially for a franchise that has fallen to the depths of the New York Americans. The team has failed to win a Continental Cup since Season 53, and in the process have becoming the punchline to what seems to be a never ending joke. Many prospects, including top draft picks, have come through the doors, to either be traded away, forced into retirement, or just not find any real success. However, Vasile Lamb, born in Romania, who discovered his love for hockey by placing NHL 94, showed that he had what it takes to make the jump straight to the VHL in his first stint in playing on North American ice while potting 60 VHLM goals in Season 81. Of course, he was still nervous. Many pundits and analysts predicted New York to have an abysmal season. Lamb did not want to be just another Red Lite, Thad Thrasher, or Carles Puigdemont, he wanted to be the one in an Americans jersey, hoisting the cup, and silencing all the doubters and haters.

Upon his first visit to the big apple, Vasile was given control of the Americans' social media accounts, and posted a video stating "I just arrived in New York, wow, it's a nice city."  In an introductory press conference, Lamb was asked about a number of questions regarding the season ahead, where Lamb chose to skip the developmental VHLE league, and make the hop straight up to the big leagues post-draft.

Reporter: "What are your goals for the upcoming season?"

Vasile Lamb: "I just want to prove my place in the league, and in this team. I'm not expecting to be a world beater right out of the gate, I just don't want to be the reason we're losing games. If you're making me get into numbers, I guess I'll say something like... 20 goals, 20 assists, and as many hits as I can get. I love to throw the body, and if the offense isn't there, that's how I am going to contribute."

Reporter: "What are your expectations for the team overall? Are you going to make the playoffs?"

VL: "Ah, well, I sure hope so. I'm not going to lie here, obviously this franchise has had some tough times lately. Like I said before, I just want to get to know the team, management, and everyone involved here first and foremost. I would like to see some post season action of course, I'm not saying that would hurt."

Lamb was obviously not expecting playoffs, however, after the surprise signings of Jakob Sosa and Kristof Welch, he knew that this team was making the effort to improve the roster, and knew that they were inching towards success. He is an incredible prospect, and the New York Americans hope to finally find some stability, at least on the right wing, with Lamb, for years to come. 

Editor's Note:

Before this article was published, Lamb finished the season with 43 goals, 39 assists, and a whopping 384 hits. Fair to say he exceeded his own expectations.

(500+ Words)

2 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

I did not know that lambs do wag their tail when feeling comfort/pleasure....

I'm pretty sure that's also Vasile Lamb's goal celly. At least that's how I imagine it.