Bo Johansson Rookie Experience

Shindigs

The uniting of #TeamClue

After having been forced to play apart for two seasons, the dynamic duo of The Board Game Clue On Skates and Bo Johansson will finally unite under the banner of the Chicago Phoenix. Some say this alone will be enough to change the league forever, most of those people were drunk at the time, but we don't talk about that. All we know is that you'll find yourself in a sticky situation going up against Chicago in the future. You have been warned!

uYsu7Jm.png    uXFL2wj.png

Rules and regulations

After it came to light that ClueGlue™ ShootyMcShotman grip tape was actually a performance enchaning drug, despite being a stick tape, the Victory Hockey League as a whole had to decide to ban the product from competitive use. This change came about in an effort to control the rampant scoring that followed in the tracks of this incredible product making the rounds in the VHL/E/M. As much as Bo was distraught to hear about this. He will keep on keeping on. This is what he had to say on the matter in an off-season interview:

I used to be a purely defensive defenseman, so losing out on my ability to suddenly be able to shoot for no particular reason, does feel oddly familiar. In an attempt to both help out my favorite people over at Step-Hasbro Gaming HQ as well as my own game. I've been part of a (completely safe) experiment this off-season where we have developed a new and improved ClueGlue™ StickMcHandly grip tape. It's been found to massively improve puckhandling ability, without the "unfair" side effects of our old ShootyMcShotman grip tape. I've also decided to apply ClueGlue™ to my running shoes while doing off-ice speed drills this off-season, and I've found that it massively improved my skating ability. So if you like being a fast and furious out there on the ice. Use ClueGlue™!

We probably should have expected any interview with Bo to turn into an ad at some point, but what we can take away from this is that his game has once again shifted back towards the role he had in Miami in the VHLM, as a Playmaking Defensive Defenseman, but with even more speed this time around. Will this serve "BoJo" well in the majors? That remains to be seen.

Looking towards the future

After a hearbreaking loss to Rome in the VHLE playoffs, at the hands of playoff legend Boris Tsezar, we caught up with Bo during the off-season to ask him how he feels about his future and what his plans are going forward:

Well, my +1 draft season didn't quite pan out as expected. I had always planned on being a lifer for whatever team drafted me. But due to some very unfortunate circumstances a trade had to be made. It wasn't something I wanted, but it was something that I needed to have happen. If that makes any sense, can't go into details. Now that I'm in Chicago though, I'm 100% committed to this rebuild. I've already spent my entire career earnings up to this point on buying a 20 uncapped TPE package acquiring a house in the area with a state of the art training facility. My goal is to play out my career in this city, and while here I will work as hard as I can every day to be not just the best hockey player I can be, but a valuable member of the community. I've been looking into charities in the areas and talking to some officials about possible projects I could help out with off the ice.

We are somewhat surprised to have gotten an answer completely without any references to ClueGlue™, if we're being completely honest. That being said it appears that BoJo has found his home in the VHL, and we're looking forward to seeing what the future will hold for the gentle giant in the windy city.

XnXYcrh.jpg

The Chicago skyline at dusk. There are certainly some worse views out there, like Västerås.

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

XnXYcrh.jpg

The Chicago skyline at dusk. There are certainly some worse views out there, like Västerås.

It has been heard from reliable sources that according to BoJo, even the view from an outhouse overlooking a landfill (formerly known as a 'dump') is superior to the view of Vasteras...

1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

It has been heard from reliable sources that according to BoJo, even the view from an outhouse overlooking a landfill (formerly known as a 'dump') is superior to the view of Vasteras...

Clearly your sources are quite on point.

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

I've already spent my entire career earnings up to this point on buying a 20 uncapped TPE package acquiring a house in the area with a state of the art training facility.

Actually laughed 😂

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

2 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Why are we sh-tting on Vasteras? 😅

Just now, leandrofg said:

Why are we sh-tting on Vasteras? 😅

I live like 15 minutes away from there IRL. They were always our rivals in Juniors, so I've just made hating Västerås in the VHLE part of my brand.😅

7 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

I live like 15 minutes away from there IRL. They were always our rivals in Juniors, so I've just made hating Västerås in the VHLE part of my brand.😅

Ahahah! Makes sense, now! 😁