Stars Gather in Moscow

Garsh

The VHL has had an exciting off-season so far.  Teams came into their downtime swinging with a barrage of trades..  The Los Angeles Stars, now under new management,  have had their fair share of the action.  After making a run for the cup in S83 the Stars came up short and several players were hanging up the skates, this had led the new management to reset and ship off players for younger players and assets.  One player trade off is the French winger Henri le Massif who was traded to Moscow for 2 prospects.  

As it turns out though, le Massif is not the only Star heading to Russia,  the rights for Jan Hlozek were also traded to the Menace and Jan elected to sign with them.  The Frenchman had this to say:

“It’s really great to see a familiar face when heading to a new team.  It was kind of funny, we ended up on the same flight out of LA.  I hadn’t heard the news yet and I guess they had just finalized the contract around when my trade became official.  Hopefully we can bring some of the LA magic from last season to Moscow, who were already a great team.  As an added bonus Moscow picked up a great friend of mine, Harkat Mulds, so I am really looking forward to playing with these guys this season.”

word count 230