A Little Podcast Intro

https://fuelup.podbean.com/e/vhl-podcast-intro

Submitting something a little different here. An original song that I produced for my upcoming VHL podcast. Believe it or not, this took way too long to make (6-8 hours). Every sound is either recorded myself or a manipulated sample, minus the NHL announcer audio clips added. Could definitely be better, but I've got some learning to do.

DAW: Ableton

Key: B Minor

BPM: 90

Got the green light from @DollarAndADream  to have this approved. He can confirm 👌

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

https://fuelup.podbean.com/e/vhl-podcast-intro

Submitting something a little different here. An original song that I produced for my upcoming VHL podcast. Believe it or not, this took way too long to make (6-8 hours). Every sound is either recorded myself or a manipulated sample, minus the NHL announcer audio clips added. Could definitely be better, but I've got some learning to do.

DAW: Ableton

Key: B Minor

BPM: 90

Got the green light from @DollarAndADream  to have this approved. He can confirm 👌

If Brandon's Basement isn't record in a basement... that'd be rather disappointing. I'd even invite myself to join, but I've got no basement to join from! 😂

5 hours ago, leandrofg said:

If Brandon's Basement isn't record in a basement... that'd be rather disappointing. I'd even invite myself to join, but I've got no basement to join from! 😂

No basement required! Would love to have you on and chat, would be cool to connect in a few weeks after the season has started about our experience together in Mexico, our thoughts on the off-season, and first few games in the VHLE

3 hours ago, Garsh said:

Not sure how much production experience you have but how did you like Ableton?  I've been dipping my toe into learning some music production.

Funny enough, it's been something for me that I've picked up and put down over the years a number of times. My first experience was actually in FL studio probably back in 2009. FL is what most people who make hip-hop use. I found the channel rack drums on FL to be a godsend for first starting drums, and allows for someone to build drums way quicker. Also, the piano roll on FL was pretty easy to work with.

I started picking up Ableton in 2012 for no reason other than most electronic music producers were using Ableton (and sometimes Logic / Reason). After understanding it more, I find Ableton to be extremely well rounded for my needs and has an excellent workflow. I personally love it, and although I can use other DAWs like FL or Logic, I always work myself on Ableton. Recording live on Ableton is a lot easier than FL (although worse than Logic), and I guess over time I've really got accustomed to the Ableton stock effects. I know where everything is (relatively), and how to operate them at a basic level.

At the beginning, depending on how you look at it, it can be overwhelming. But for myself, I enjoyed the creative aspect (no matter how bad I was), and I thoroughly enjoy the process of seeing myself slowly improve in something. If you do pick up Ableton (lots of ways to get it), I would recommend watching a number of YouTube videos on tutorials, people making their own songs in Ableton, or people re-creating existing songs. There are also a few insanely good producers (depending on the niche you like) that do educational streams on Twitch that I can point you to if you ever wanted.

But yeah, there is no best DAW. The best DAW is one that allows you to get the idea in your head as fast as possible down into your computer without losing it. I find that to be Ableton for myself. If you ever have any questions just shoot me a message, don't mind helping in any way that I can!

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Funny enough, it's been something for me that I've picked up and put down over the years a number of times. My first experience was actually in FL studio probably back in 2009. FL is what most people who make hip-hop use. I found the channel rack drums on FL to be a godsend for first starting drums, and allows for someone to build drums way quicker. Also, the piano roll on FL was pretty easy to work with.

I started picking up Ableton in 2012 for no reason other than most electronic music producers were using Ableton (and sometimes Logic / Reason). After understanding it more, I find Ableton to be extremely well rounded for my needs and has an excellent workflow. I personally love it, and although I can use other DAWs like FL or Logic, I always work myself on Ableton. Recording live on Ableton is a lot easier than FL (although worse than Logic), and I guess over time I've really got accustomed to the Ableton stock effects. I know where everything is (relatively), and how to operate them at a basic level.

At the beginning, depending on how you look at it, it can be overwhelming. But for myself, I enjoyed the creative aspect (no matter how bad I was), and I thoroughly enjoy the process of seeing myself slowly improve in something. If you do pick up Ableton (lots of ways to get it), I would recommend watching a number of YouTube videos on tutorials, people making their own songs in Ableton, or people re-creating existing songs. There are also a few insanely good producers (depending on the niche you like) that do educational streams on Twitch that I can point you to if you ever wanted.

But yeah, there is no best DAW. The best DAW is one that allows you to get the idea in your head as fast as possible down into your computer without losing it. I find that to be Ableton for myself. If you ever have any questions just shoot me a message, don't mind helping in any way that I can!

This is great info thank you!  I downloaded FL studio a week or 2 ago, haven't really done much in it yet, but have watched a few videos on people making songs in it.

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

No basement required! Would love to have you on and chat, would be cool to connect in a few weeks after the season has started about our experience together in Mexico, our thoughts on the off-season, and first few games in the VHLE

I'd be up for it! Let's see if we don't end up in the same place in the E as well! 😏🤷‍♂️