Draft Week Shenanigans (at least in regards to Landon Wolanin)

What a week for Landon Wolanin. It is definitely hard to put all of the things into words but lets see if we can make some of it make sense.

I guess the logical place to start is the VHL draft. As I’ve talked about before, Landon got picked 13th overall, between his ex-SDM co-stars Ivan Retoslav and Justin Adolfsen. Most importantly, he joins an extremely talented Wranglers prospect group, that is poised to be very competitive starting S84. Joining Wolanin in Calgary are AirRig GoodBrandSun, Leandro Goncalves, Babushka, Sam Azjha and Ty Heisler. Calgary was definitely one of the top spots for Landon so this is very exciting, especially considering the group of players joining him for the foreseeable future. Landon had a great interview with the Wranglers GM, and it was definitely a major reason for Landon’s excitement. Not only does this team have the signs of a great team in the future, but so far it has been a very enjoyable process getting into the Locker Room and hanging out with everyone.

Next comes the VHLE draft. Coming at 1 pick earlier, 12th overall, Landon was selected in the stockpile of Red Wolves picks. Istanbul immediately rockets up the power rankings after the draft, pulling off a masterclass of a showing. They managed to rake in Ryuji Sakamoto, Siyan Yasilievich, Calen McKay, Adison Bond, Joachim Bryngelson, Cody Kapanen, Al Land and Brodie Landry III in addition to Wolanin. Although some of these players will remain in the VHLM for S83, the top end of the group looks incredibly strong. It looks to be a roster that will have a lot of capped or nearly capped players by the end of the season, so look for them to do some damage in the postseason. Not only is this group poised for success, but the group has gotten along super well so far, and any place where you can continue to #blamecole is a good place to be.

We also look forward to the VHLM draft this weekend. We’ve been working incredibly hard on a draft strategy to maximize the potential of the San Diego Marlins this season. Without giving away the strategy too much, it seems likely the Marlins can pick up a very complete and competitive roster, while also taking advantage of some league-wide positional deficits. It also gives us the opportunity to put our current players in positions to succeed. We’re very excited to see how the draft rolls out and how other teams may affect this masterful strategy, but so far we are confident.

This has certainly been an exciting week for Landon, both in a player and AGM role, and make sure to tune in for the rest of the excitement in the VHLM draft! Oh yeah, and then the season starts at some point I guess. Lots of big things for Landon Wolanin this season and beyond, and hopefully they all play out to maximum fruition. Keep an eye out for an interview with everyone’s favourite Ducky sometime early next week as well, to brief on the VHLM draft and preseason shenanigans!

519 words claiming week of April 10th

Edited by jacobcarson877

Review 8/10

Great job on this article. I feel like adding a picture, some titles and maybe centering the article will make it look better. The content in the article is done super well though. Spelling and grammar are done well with no complaints from me. other than the centering, the format is done well. The spacing is really nice and helps make the article flow smoothly. I like how you talked about all the drafts and it seemed like a busy week for your player getting drafted twice then having to go draft players in the M lol. Overall the article is super well done and great job and good luck on your season this season. 

Edited by Kisslinger