Scoish Velociraptor Maloish - Prospect Scouting Report

GMVjCK9c93tchQH-sV-t4Wcq5fqwFL0UAHMSjbTo5W-V8hbtZOXmt9jQF0FR_t7Cc_OzNOl15AdNYogpBTNhYIk8PL5ZJJEZNHmWiECfZ0bxStEUin0XZ1QjrLw41m2FD10GFOaW

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish

VHLM Career

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish is one of the newest defensemen in the VHLM. He was born in Barbados and had a rough upbringing. He persevered and was able to get to the VHLM. He was approached by the Houston Bulls with a contract and he accepted. Little did he know that he was going to go on a crazy run. He didn’t immediately have a big impact with the squad, only getting 4th line ice time with the Bulls. He was just happy to be with the team going into the playoffs. He didn’t care about the regular season though as the Bulls already clinched a spot. The real challenge was the VHLM playoffs. Houston had an incredible run, beating Halifax in 5 games and Mexico City in 7 games. In a heartbreaker, they lost to the Saskatoon Wild in 7 games, being reverse swept in the finals.

Regular Season - Houston - 16 GP - 0 goals - 2 assists - 2 points - +2 -  3 shots - 14 PIM - 41 hits - 17 shotblocks

Playoffs - Houston - 19 GP - 0 goals - 2 assists - 2 points - -8 - 11 shots - 18 PIM - 47 hits - 16 shotblocks

Player Comment

“I think I’ve really grown as a player since my first game with the Bulls. I was nervous about not being at the level of competitiveness. Luckily I adjusted quickly and was able to be a team player in my role. I feel as if I can be a great shutdown defender with the right team.”

International Play

Maloish was selected to be on Team World in the WJC. He was one of the top pairings for the team and was able to be very physical and selfless for the team in the round-robin. The lack of scoring from Maloish translates to his impressive physical game.

Round Robin - World - 8 GP - 1 goal - 3 assists - 4 points - +1 - 8 shots - 16 PIM - 27 hits - 22 shotblocks

Comparison

Over-Achieving

Cale Makar - Offensive and Defensive threat

Expectation

Zdeno Chara - Hard-hitting and gritty defenseman

Under-Achieving

P.K Subban - Offensive minded and lacking in his own zone

Strengths

Maloish is a physical player. His massive size makes him perfect for that PK quarterback. He is also a great PP candidate for keeping the puck in the zone. He is a great player to build around.

Weaknesses

His offensive game is not the best. He isn’t known for getting pucks on the net. He wants to keep the puck in the zone instead. He also gives up a lot of penalties. His discipline needs a lot of work in the offseason if he wants to be a top defender.