SITR: Rhynex Entertainment S83 Preview Interview

SITR: Rhynex Entertainment S83 Preview Interview

Host: Thank you for tuning into VHL Network, Stick In The Rink! We come to you live at the Sunrise Studios here in Manhattan, New York. We are within the off-season between S82 and S83, and we are experiencing a multitude of changes and a grand transformation to the leagues as we know them.  Tonight, we have a special guest coming in to discuss about the current off season, the changes to the hockey leagues, and the thoughts toward what the changes mean and how the changes may shape the VHL. We have a former VHLer and the former VHL New York Americans star, Rhynex Entertainment @Rhynex Entertainment! Rhynex Entertainment was a former VHLer who played his entire career with the New York Americans and finished as one of the all time best to wear the Americans' jersey. Please welcome Rhynex Entertainment! (camera focuses on the audience showing a standing ovation, round of applause, and cheering. Rhynex Entertainment walks out from the backstage)

Welcome Rhynex! Thanks for finding time to come in today!

Rhynex Entertainment: Thank you for having me! It is good to be back on the show!  (Rhynex Entertainment shakes hands with the Host)

Host: This is your first extensive interview since your retirement from the VHL! How are you enjoying your retirement? What are you doing currently away from the game?

Rhynex Entertainment: Yes, thank you! Retirement has been an unusual calm. Enjoying life away from the game of hockey but you can't really stay away for too long, when hockey is part of your DNA! Not very impressed with Team Canada and their efforts at the World Cup this year, but that Team Canada Junior Team on the other hand, now they were a good team! And of course, I cannot forget to congratulate my hometown team, the Vancouver Wolves, for winning their third start VHL Championship and the Victory and Continental Cups. And a congratulations to my good friend, Thadius Sales @thadthrasher, for his second Cup and Goaltending awards! But they (Vancouver Wolves) might struggle a bit this coming season in S83. Although Brandt Fuhr @Tate is a good pick up at the S83 draft, whom should lessen the blow of losing good ole Thads (Thadius Sales) to retirement.

Host: (laughs) Well, sounds like you've been following the league and the games after your retirement! What are your thoughts on the recent S83 VHL entry draft? Any surprises? Who do you feel have the best chance to become the Rookie of the Year for S83?

Rhynex Entertainment: (Chuckles) Not really. Only the ending results. I wouldn't say I was really following the league. Vancouver trading for the 2nd Overall Pick was the first surprise. A reasonable trade, given the circumstance, but a surprise never the least. The HC Davos Dynamo picking Siyan Yasilievich @badcolethetitan was also a surprise, although multiple mock drafts somehow predicted this result. You usually take the BPA in a draft that sees the league make a total rebranding, but as long as they (HC Davos) believes in their pick, that's all that matters. I haven't really studied the prospect list too thoroughly, so I can't really make any more comments, but definitely only time will tell how these newbies would pan out in the end. Hmm, and as for the Rookie of the Year for S83? Well, you might not be asking the correct person here, given I didn't even get a vote for Rookie of the Year in my year (laughs; a few boos could be heard from the audience, a reminiscent of the tragic New York Americans S76). Has a goalie won Rookie of the Year? Brandt Fuhr could be a good candidate.

Host: Alright. Well at least you must have heard of there being some changes to the leagues. What are your thoughts on the changes and how do you feel these changes would change the VHL?

Rhynex Entertainment: The changes by the Commission are quite intriguing to be honest. The VHL had become quite an offensive scoring league near the end of my tenure. I mean even an old man like myself had such an amazing season in S81, and that was during the twilight of my career! With the changes being implicated by the league, I feel the game should and would become more defensive. The old basis of scoring would eventually return as players get used to the new format, but most likely it won't be as extensive as when I played. Times are changing and in a better direction. Players, coaches, GMs will have to adapt to the new age! We won't really know what the leagues would look like until we get the games going, and we'll probably need a few seasons before we could have a sense of the direction the league is heading, but I believe it's a good thing. Can't have a league full of offensive players inflating scoring stats and terrorizing goaltenders. Let's patiently watch the coming few seasons and come back to this question at that later date. For now, S83 is going to be a good season to wait and see. Now, for those betters and gamblers out there, I wouldn't bet your life savings on who would win what awards in this upcoming S83. The familiar names of old might not be the same names of old. They might look the same, smell the same, even sound the same (except maybe a little bit older), but they are certainly not the same players as you may have remembered and have experienced watching in the past few years. (a few audible gasps could be heard from the audience)

Host: You heard the man. Betters beware! The leagues are changing, things may not appear the same. It's a mirage! Since you spoke of the changes, who do you feel would win the Victory Cup in S83? How about the Season Player awards?

Rhynex Entertainment:  It's hard to say! It could be anyone's game this coming season. S83 is going to be a fun season to watch. Vancouver won't be the super power that no team could really beat in a best of 7. GMs and their teams are all just rushing and filling up their rosters so it's still too early to see who has the definite edge in the upcoming season. As for player awards, that's also a good question. We don't really know how each player would perform which the new "rules" being instated. Like I said, betters should be careful with their betting. Let's just watch and see how things develop.

Host: Good stuff! We are running out of time, are there any departing words for the fans out there?

Rhynex Entertainment:  It's good to see all of you here in New York City! Enjoy the upcoming S83! It's going to be one blast of a season! (Cheers being to erupt from the audience as people begin to rise on their feet)

Host: There you have it! Rhynex Entertainment! (Host stands up to once again shake hands with Rhynex Entertainment as the camera pans out toward the audience and fades to commercials)

[Word count 1194]

[Claims for Weeks ending 2022-04-10 and 2022-04-17]