My Random VHL Thoughts - S82 - Part 8

Fire Tortorella

• Well, pre-season is here! It's nice to have some games that actually (kind of) matter, especially given we as a league need to test out the new attributes. We had two pre-season games and went 2-0. The first game was kind of interesting in that we had 60 something shots. I don't know if Malmo is supposed to be good or not, but I was a little worried seeing that many shots in a single game. The second game was 30ish-20ish shots, which is much more of what we're used to.
  • Goalies should be interesting this season. @CowboyinAmericadid a nice fan590 about how few high TPE goalies there are this season and how few there will be in the next couple of seasons. The funny thing is I remember back in the 30s or 40s or so there was a theory by some teams/GMs that cap space/assets were better allocated elsewhere and you only needed a roughly 500 TPE goalie to be a contender. Granted, this was under a different salary cap and a different TPE scale, so you can't make an apples to apples comparison to today, but it's just interesting to see the ebbs and flows of the league "metas" across the years.