Season 82 Bracket Challenge Recap

youloser1337

Right now I have nothing to write about. So I’m going to post some stuff about the VHL playoff bracket challenge from last season. I’m going to break down each round and what everyone voted for in each round. The results might not shock you as Season 82 was the continuation of the META domination.

Round 1 - Play-ins / Cup Winner

New this season was the addition of picking the VHL / VHLM / VHLE cup winners in this round instead of just the VHL cup winner (you can thank Vancouver for that). Everyone had a lot of faith in the Vancouver Wolves (again) with the majority of the votes:

Forms response chart. Question title: VHL Cup Winner. Number of responses: 108 responses.

Shockingly, Los Angeles Stars were the 2nd favorite. Of course, in the end, 59.3% of people got the correct pick and got their (free) 2 TPE.

VHLE wasn’t as straightforward as you might expect. Rome Gladiators ended up getting the cup but they weren’t the favorites heading into this round. That spot fell to the Cologne Express.

Forms response chart. Question title: VHLE Cup Winner. Number of responses: 108 responses.

Stockholm was right behind the Gladiators with 27 versus their 29 votes.

The VHLM was the biggest mix bag. What you gotta love is that votes were scattered to everyone. The clear favorites heading into the playoffs were Houston. Not surprising with how dominant they were in the regular season. What I didn’t expect was that the eventual cup winners were only 15.7% of the vote. They weren’t even the 2nd favorite, with the Reapers taking that spot.

Forms response chart. Question title: VHLM Cup Winner. Number of responses: 108 responses.

Best of 5 Series

Both series had a rough road ahead of them to get to the cup. Moscow made it the furthest from this group. What shocked me is that the 2 series had the exact same percentage for the eventual winner.

Seattle has 72.2% of the votes and Moscow also has 72.2% of the votes.

Forms response chart. Question title: Toronto Legion vs Seattle Bears. Number of responses: 108 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: Toronto Legion vs Seattle Bears. Number of responses: 108 responses.

Round 2 - Best of 7 Series

Vancouver was the clear favorites still going forward in this round. They had the highest votes out of all the teams left in the playoffs at this point.

Forms response chart. Question title: Vancouver Wolves vs Seattle Bears. Number of responses: 82 responses.

Los Angeles was also the favorite going into their matchup with Calgary. It was a tough series but LA won and moved on to face the cup favorites in Vancouver.

Forms response chart. Question title: Los Angeles Stars vs Calgary Wranglers. Number of responses: 82 responses.

In the first upset, London was the favorite going into their match with Moscow. London ended up having 49 votes compared to Moscow which only had 33. In the end, Moscow took down the favorites and moved on.

Forms response chart. Question title: London United vs Moscow Menace. Number of responses: 82 responses.

Riga vs Prague was heavily favored in Riga’s direction. Prague only had 36.6% compared to 63.4% from Riga. It seems a lot of people had faith in the Riga squad and they were right when they took down Prague to move onto Moscow.

Forms response chart. Question title: Riga Reign vs Prague Phantoms. Number of responses: 82 responses.

Round 3 - Conference Finals

Vancouver once again being the heavy favorite and steamrolling through everyone. This means taking down the 2nd favorite team from round 1, Los Angeles.

Forms response chart. Question title: Vancouver Wolves vs Los Angeles Stars. Number of responses: 71 responses.

Riga vs Moscow as actually a lot closer in voting this round. 38 for Moscow vs 33 for Riga. In the end, it was another rematch in the finals with Moscow meeting Vancouver (again).

Forms response chart. Question title: Riga Reign vs Moscow Menace. Number of responses: 71 responses.

Round 4 - Finals

Vancouver won. Meta. Voting wasn’t even close. Everyone knew Vancouver would win.

Forms response chart. Question title: Vancouver Wolves vs Moscow Menace. Number of responses: 85 responses.

Props to the 12 people who had faith in Moscow.

So there you go. That was all the graphs from the Season 82 playoff bracket. I’m just doing this to get my 6 TPE. Sorry.

562 words