Season Thoughts pt. 1

Steve

Looks like the cream is rising to the top. Of course Seattle was easy to pick as a strong contender but there are other teams that have shown some good pace in this early hybrid era. London United, Moscow, Riga and DC all have shown some really strong games and are in position to be at the top. My takeaway from all this so early into the season is that this new system has handcuffed teams that used the meta and gave several teams a chance to assemble a good roster that can compete. This is very good for the league and very exciting for players that are trying to come up with that golden build that works. I am not sure there is a golden build with this new system. Diversity seems to work. I look at certain trends that a lot of players have leaned towards but there are some other approaches that seem to work as well. I think a full season messing around with our builds should yield a better understanding about what works for a certain play style. Defense is a strange skill to get to a high level. Seems like it is tied to a skill or two that a player would not normally want, but it works. Fighting and checking should make games more interesting especially if you can build enough offense to my your player relevant. It's all part of the VHL experience and we are fortunate enough to be the first ones to play in this era. I hope by the end of the season, the men in blue have made all the adjustments to the sliders and we can re-roll with confidence in the system. Good time to be in the VHL. Good luck to all.