Interview with Molly the Cat, mysterious new player and top TPE earner of the week.

JCarson

This is J.C. hockey reporter for the VHL Hockey Journal, I am sitting with Molly the Cat, recent signing with the San Diego Marlins of the VHLM.  

Molly the Cat, fans of the VHL Hockey Journal want to know, what brought you to the league? 

Well J.C. it is nice to be here. I have enjoyed hockey for a long time and always dreamed of a career in the VHL. But a few years ago, the year before my initial draft eligibility I was involved in a skiing accident which sidelined me. While I was healing, I decided to pursue a university degree to prepare myself in the case I didn’t ever make the league. I graduated earlier in April and unfortunately missed the draft. I thought I would have to wait another year but got approached by the San Diego Marlins Assistant General Manager and the Scouting team. They said that if I was interested, they could offer me a contract for this year, that they were looking for a strong net front winger. I jumped at the chance, and I have to say it has been a wonderful adventure. 

Molly the Cat, I have been told you have shown the greatest amount of progress this last week, in other words the analytics show that your TPE score jumped a whopping 45 points. Can you give us an idea how you accomplished such a great feat? 

Full honest J.C., basically I listened to my team management. Both my GM and AGM set high expectations for the team. When you get told that although you made the team that you would see little ice time unless your Analytics TPE score got above 100, it helps you push. Although they set high expectations, they also gave me the tools to get there. They explained doing interviews for media spots, hitting the practice facility, doing trivia and writing articles and reviews. They also helped track my progress and showed me how to use my wages to maximize my TPE for the week. In addition, they walked me through career tasks and how to maximize those early on. Young players have to do the work, but management showing young players the ropes can sure make it a lot easier. 

Molly the Cat, you played your first VHLM regular season games, give us your view? 

Well J.C., the VHLM is where the best young talent come to play. There are so many young talented players each looking to improve themselves and make the VHLE or VHL. Having the opportunity to work with the wonderful players on the San Diego Marlins has made my transition pretty easy. 10 games in I have been able to get my first goal, and in addition 6 assists. I think that counts as a pretty good first week. My goal is to keep improving and hopefully within another week or two I can bring that to an average of a point a game.  

Molly the cat, final question, the Las Vegas Aces have had a tremendous start to the season. Are they the team to beat this year in the VHLM? 

J.C. the Las Vegas Aces have had a great start to the season, nobody is going to argue with that, but I am not sure it will continue. Only time will tell for sure but I don’t think they have the talent to keep this up for the full season. 

587 Words, Week ending May 1