VHL Archeology Part 3

Will3

Adventure calls me once again, telling me it is time for some VHL archeology. Rather than stay in the sedimentary VHL, it is the metamorphic VHLM, where changes have been drastic, dramatic, and plenty that should be the perfect place for a deep dig. So without further ado, let me show you the exciting discoveries that I have made.

Despite seeming like a mythological, long lost Asian team, the Jonkoping Warriors was just you run of the mill Swedish hockey club. The lack of the dots above the o's deceive me. I will be using city name with symbols going forward just for my own clarity. The Jönköping Warriors played in the first 11 seasons of the VHLM before two relocation with a rebrand in between before folding alongside the Minot Gladiators in after S42. (This entire lineage deserves to be remembered and will probably be discussed later.) I am doubtful this city get a VHLE franchise at least in the short term. The Scandinavian region has three VHLE teams already and there are other places in Europe I would rather see get a team first. If a club was going to settle in Jönköping, I would recommend a different nickname simply because the former one just doesn't work. No great warriors were born here and the only association with war the city has is being sacked by Danes repeatedly in the past. Interestingly enough a nickname connecting to heat, fire or flame would work well because modern matchsticks were created in Jönköping in 1844. Overall, VHL hockey will most likely not be returning to Jönköping any time soon. However, with the right nickname, the potential for a team to pop up in the distance future.

Alought this may seem like another dead Swedish VHLM team, the Gothenburg Eagles are far more important than you might think. The would play for 18 seasons before moving to Oslo and you know the rest of the story. They become the Storm, move to Minnesota, and return to Oslo as part of the VHLE. It is a little strange that Gothenburg hasn't received a VHLE franchise.  It is the second-largest city in Sweden and fifth of all Nordic countries so it can more the support a team. It is in a country the the VHL seems to love a lot. Yet Gothenburg had seemingly been forgotten by the VHL. Relocating the Vasteras Iron Eagles to Gothenburg might be a good move. It at least should be considered as it might be good the the VHLE as a whole. Knowing management, an expansion franchise is also a option. Overall Gothenburg is a city that should prepare for a VHLE club as I don't think this city will be pass over forever.

That is enought analysis for today. I hope you enjoyed my findings. Feel free to debate the evidence and add you voice to the discussion. There is so much to dig up in the history of the VHLM. I think I will focus on American teams next week. I hope you look forward to it. I know I will. Thank you for reading and #HaveAGreatDay.😀 

Edited by Will3