Todd Cooke’s rookie season

KRZY

This season has been an interesting one to say the least . Especially for rookie Todd Cooke of the Ottawa Lynx. Recruited and signed by GM Zack. Cooke’s season started of lacklustre as he became accustomed to the VHLM league and grind of the season . As experience was gained and applied Cooke had carved out a role as a second line Center on the lynx recently having his best game of the season with 3 points ( 1 Goal , 2 assists) .

we caught up with Cooke on an off day to discuss his rookie season and assess his recent performance this season.

What had this season Been like for you ? It’s been great the boys have been welcoming I’m enjoying being a part of the Lynx we’re playing really good hockey lately and I’m starting to hit my stride and really contribute for this team.

The Lynx Management Team has really believed in you and been a real key in your growth this season! What does this support mean to you ? I mean it’s everything , coming into this season as a rookie they’ve really given me every opportunity to grow and succeed. Without them I wouldn’t be anywhere near where I am today! I hope I can continue to grow and succeed with there continued Support.

Who has been the biggest help both on and off the ice this season ? Probably Denns ( Juan Sano lll ) . He’s been huge this season giving me tips and helping me grow in the center ice position. And showing me how to really be a pro in this league . He’s been huge for both myself and our team this year , I hope I can one day have the type of success as a first liner that he’s had .

Overall are there any goals left un accomplished this Season? I think personally I’d like to get my first hat trick and achieve the 30 point plateau. But that comes second to me team success is most important if we finish the season like we’ve been playing all year and continue the strong play and carry our momentum into the playoffs I honestly believe we have a great chance to bring a championship home in the end ! 

where do you see yourself in 3 seasons ?

id like to be a reliable center in this league that can be dependable in all situations and if I keep on the right track with my growth I think that’s achievable.

thank you for your time Mr Cooke and good luck the rest of this season. Thanks guys 

there you have it ladies and gentlemen just a little insight into one of the promising VHLM rookies this season hope you enjoy