Ctots Ctalks VHL 10 - Segments Maybe?

ctots

Edit: there is profanity in this, fyi

https://anchor.fm/ctots/episodes/VHL-10---Segments-Maybe-e1ia74k

Episode 10, that’s a milestone.

Things I talk about: changing podcast formats, Oslo and Bratislava, how to get an AGM job (as if the 4 people listening don’t already have league jobs), and a question from @Thunder.

Happy Monday, gang!

Edited by ctots

Hope everything goes well for you in Oslo, you and JB had a tough task with what you inherited but I reckon you guys will def turn it around down the line!

So the interesting thing for me when it came to being AGM is that I actually didn't apply! I'd been doing my stuff with the visualisers on the forum and the Vegas GM AJ approached me about the role after seeing them haha,

I only learned recently that disc golf discs use the same names as golf clubs which, as an avid golfer, is really interesting! I'd like to give it a go at some point although I feel like disc golf is definitely not something I'd pick up naturally!

Good listen as always and congrats on 10 episodes!

1 hour ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Hope everything goes well for you in Oslo, you and JB had a tough task with what you inherited but I reckon you guys will def turn it around down the line!

I’m having fun with the team as it is now, winning more often would be icing on the cake!

So the interesting thing for me when it came to being AGM is that I actually didn't apply! I'd been doing my stuff with the visualisers on the forum and the Vegas GM AJ approached me about the role after seeing them haha,

That’s wild, I didn’t know that! Really proves the power of being active and contributing meaningful stuff. Hmm, maybe I should rethink my approach!

I only learned recently that disc golf discs use the same names as golf clubs which, as an avid golfer, is really interesting! I'd like to give it a go at some point although I feel like disc golf is definitely not something I'd pick up naturally!

The courses tend to be about a third the distance, so you can easily squeeze 18 holes into 2 hours or less, and discs cost under $20 USD typically. Try it out!

Good listen as always and congrats on 10 episodes!

Thanks! I think I’m cheating by calling the long and short podcasts both by the same title, but it’s too late to go back now.

I personally would not allow a short person to be my AGM.

Also you have too many discs.

Also, we all know 10th episodes should be reserved for guests!

Edited by JardyB10

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

I personally would not allow a short person to be my AGM.

That’s the sort of thing I don’t even think about as an elite 6’2” string bean.

Also you have too many discs.

You’re right. I should try to sell or donate them to folks who could use them. @Thundermight want a few.

Also, we all know 10th episodes should be reserved for guests!

Well shit! Too late now, I’ll have to make up for it ASAP. I need to figure out how recording discord and stuff works.

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

Of all the questions I had for you, I was expecting the venison or elk to be answered!!

I’m going to get to all the others in my next podcast, but as a preview, I do have real actual opinions on the elk vs venison debate!