VHLE Draft Change Idea

MubbleFubbles

So, I mentioned this in one of my last podcasts (0:37-5:39) but I was struggling for a VHL.com idea so I figured I'd use it as my VHL.com for this week.

I think there should be consideration to change the eligibility for the VHLE Draft from it's current format (where everyone eligible for the VHL Draft also goes into the VHLE Draft) to changing it so players who have surpassed 200 TPE in the previous season and any recreates who wish to skip the VHLM Draft enter the upcoming VHLE Draft. I have a few reasons for this:

1. The current drafting method causes confusion to some newer members and rejoining members unfamiliar with the VHLE. With people entering up to three drafts in one period, especially if the VHLE Draft takes place before their VHLM Draft, players can find themselves in a situation where they aren't sure who they're playing for next season. 

2. Three drafts in one off-season for players who join after the draft cut-off seems a bit of overkill and dilutes the draft experience, especially when two of those drafts aren't immediately relevant. I feel like players will get more enjoyment if they enter a VHLE Draft in a different off-season to their VHL and VHLM Drafts to keep them interested over their first few off-seasons.

3. It avoids a situation like a couple of seasons ago where players who had been active every week in the lead-up to the draft like Tyler Smith Jr., Travis Clark and Blake MacTavish wind up getting overlooked due to low TPE counts and undrafted. The draft is a one-off experience for a player and we should be trying to make sure those players get selected in drafts, especially if they're active every single week. It wouldn't happen with my idea since I doubt VHLE GMs are going to turn down the opportunity of drafting a 200+ TPE player that they know they will be able to play. 

Edited by MubbleFubbles