A 400TPE ramble, a life update and another 6TPE in the bag.

Although I’ve already submitted a vhl.com article for my 400th TPE, I want to step back and take a look at all of the things that have happened over the last 400 TPE.

When it comes to Landon Wolanin, I’ve scored 124 (should’ve been 125) points across 122 games. A bit over a hit a game, and 2/3 of a shot blocked a game. I guess I also scored 13 points in the playoff in 7 games.

I got drafted a few times, and help orchestrate a draft as an AGM, and oh yeah I got hired as an AGM after lurking in the league for a year and a half.

I have finally braved general chat on the VHL Discord server!

I finished another year of school and did way better than I expected. I found the perfect balance of being social and independent, responsible yet free.

I watched the Leafs lose another Game 7. I’m kind of glad its over now actually.

I lost a lot of friends to manipulative and dependent people. But I also escaped that and have found my own happiness. I also reunited with the people who were really my friends all along, who have supported me no matter what.

I’ve embraced my hobbies more than ever, and I’ve kept myself from unproductive mindsets and habits, for the most part.

I’ve listened to like 3 whole Jardy podcasts!

I helped stir up drama on the site multiple times just for forum content.

I’ve tracked all of my little Marlins earnings for the entire season without missing a week. And I’ve managed to max earn (except for that point in time where I was going to stay in the VHLM until Spartan convinced me not to… thank you)

I got considerably worse at hockey! I tried a non-standard build for the season, and although I love it, it isn’t exactly as good as my first pre-hybrid build. And honestly that’s perfectly fine. Every GM who has ever interviewed me knows I just want to be a good teammate and maybe pitch in a little here and there. And well, I’m doing just that.

I’ve worked hard to be a leader in every team I’m a part of, whether I’m playing there or not.

I’ve actually gotten excited to play for a VHL team! No offence to my previous VHL GMs it wasn’t your fault I was just a clicker.

I’ve already talked about max earning, but I’ve written a media spot every week I’ve been meaning to max earn, which I was always scared to do before.

I still know nothing about the league, and I learn new things every day, but I can confidently answer like 3 whole questions.

I still suck at Fantasy Zone, but I’m doing pretty well in VHFL!

I survived COVID! And I’m currently avoiding catching it from my parents as I write this. Gross.

I joined the EFL and SBA, and I don’t understand either of them at all, but that Affiliate Check is nice. Go Basketball and Football!

And most importantly (literally the least important thing here), I hit 400 TPE! By actually earning it too! I know it’s a pretty meaningless milestone, but it’s the last time I get to cap out, so now its on to endless earnings for a few more seasons.

PS. Hope this counts for the inevitable theme week that will hopefully be announced soon

I like the back and forth between real life and sim league content here. Normally I'd be irritated seeing each line be it's own paragraph, but because of the content, it works well. I also like when articles serve as a reminder of the people behind the username. I'm glad you got over COVID and wish your parents well in recovering from it. That kind of thing doesn't happen to digital players, but it happens to us fleshbags all too often. No grammar issues jumped out at me, save for the aforementioned sectioning for each line, but again, that works well here. 10/10