Tucker Semi-Retired

NSG

Well, it’s semi-official: Henry Tucker is no longer a VHL player. Except he is. Mid-season retirements are really weird, so for a hot second, I’ll have 2 VHL players legally, and since Henry Tucker the Elder isn’t done playing, and Henry Tucker Jr hasn’t appeared in goal yet, we shall continue to do Vancouver records for a hot second.

Games: 490 (4th) - Now he’s only 14 from tying for 3rd all-time!

Goals: 238 (1st) - He’s 12 from 250, can he do it? That is the question I (and maybe someone else) am asking, but he does have the record with a cushion.

Assists: 282 (5th) - No way he makes it to 4th now, but top-5 is a plenty fine consolation prize. 300 is hard to reach, but in theory I could get there. It’s just very very unlikely.

Points: 520 (4th) - I doubt he’ll get 24 in the next 14 to take 3rd place, but I suppose it’s not unreachable!

PIM: 838 (1st) - The only goal here is to make it to 850 by season’s end. Hopefully nobody ever breaks this record.

Hits: 1656 (1st) - This is the other record I sincerely hope nobody breaks because hits and penalties are the defining aspect of my career. 1700 is my target here.

Shots: 2523 (1st) - Zolnek is about 35 shots behind, but that’s a safe cushion. Would like to have him 50 shots behind by the end of the year, but 1st place is 1st place, guys.

Game Winners: 33 (2nd) - Unless Tucker gets 8 game winners in 14 games, he stays in second. Very unlikely possibility since (a) we’d have to win at least 8 games and (b) I’d have to score all 8 game winners. It’s kinda tricky.

As for Tucker Jr, he loves Halifax! The management team is comprised of 2 podcasters in Sam and Jardy, who are both rad, my favorite stats nerd, Shindigs, is in the LR, and the starting goalie, Sam Tombstone, is also pretty legit. However, the real highlight of this team is defenseman Tater Tottingham, whose dad, Tater Tot, played with Tucker Jr’s dad on Vancouver and VHLM Minnesota, and these 2 are also gelling really well so far. So go 21st guys!

378 words

Pings