E

jRuutu

hW01n7h.png

Tough days, no playoff hockey.

Not much else needs to be said, more was expected. It was cool and fun to see such a tight race into the playoffs, but maybe not as cool and fun when you are in the middle of it. The off-season is going to be an interesting one. I still don't know how accurate the rumors are regarding teams facing problems with the cap. If there is truth to those rumors, I have to assume the NA teams will be a lot stronger next year as the European teams lose some players. Who knows, maybe the EU teams can hold on to their players, and we see a similar battle as this year! I have not looked at the teams that closely, who retires, etc, but this off-season will be interesting for sure.

For me, this off-season means contract negotiations. When you publicly speculate whether your GM should be fired or not, it leads to some potentially chilly negotiations. The likelihood of a ruse being pulled is also at an all-time high, so I need to spend the upcoming days and weeks working on my playbook to see what possible angles I need to take into consideration during the potential contract negotiations.