The new Eagle has landed

Greg_Di

Leon Draisaitl: From German prodigy to NHL top scorer | All media content |  DW | 27.05.2020

Henry Eagles, the new Eagles to play in the VHL has just completed his short 16 game season in the VHLM. With what we have seen, we can safely say that he may be the best Eagles yet to grace the VHL.

In his short time he has managed to impress the VHLM scouts for the upcoming VHLM draft as well as his current team and team-mates on the Houston Bulls. Henry came into the league with high expectations as he is the son of retiring Tom Eagles and Grand-son of the famous Greg Eagles. With that sort of pedigree the expectations and hype are astronomical. The media presence around Henry has been huge but the young player has handled it well.

In 16 games, Henry finished the season with 34 points. He split goals and assists at 17 apiece. With his help the Bulls also managed to clinch a playoff spot and will be looking to upset some of the favorites.

" It has been a great start into the league and I hope I can carry my regular season form into the playoffs " Henry said " When I joined Houston, I wasn't expecting to make the playoffs. I just wanted to help out a team that just recently traded away most their players in order to kickstart a mini rebuild. I knew that by joining I would get quite a bit of ice-time to show off my skills for the upcoming VHLM draft as well as give the VHL scouts a little food for thought when the S85 VHL draft rolls around"

Houston will have a very tough task ahead of them as they face Halifax. Halifax had a great season finishing with 103 points, while the Bulls only finished with 52. On paper Halifax should easily win this series but if Henry can keep up his form, there is a potential for a massive upset. One item that sticks out in this series is that Halifax has a full depth of players in every position while Houston will most likely have to double shift players due to not much depth.

" It will be a tough series and one where our few handful of guys will have to give 120%" Henry continued "We will be tired, our legs will hurt but this is playoff hockey. This is why were here and we want to be the team that causes the first big upset of these playoffs. Were a small group but were dedicated and believe in ourselves to get the job done."

Henry's big test will start next season as he will be playing a full VHLM season. If he continues his growth and training, many are predicating he will definitely finish next season top 10 in points. The only downside is if Henry will fold under the weight of expectations but with both Eagle's in his corner, we believe he will manage well. Henry has already dedicated his off-season to training with both Eagle's so that he can be in the best possible shape heading into next season.