2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

And Emelin is far from being our 3rd defense. I think you don't watch enough Habs game. Beaulieu is filling that role atm, and we are actually looking for a solid 3rd defensemen, which we don't really have. But i'm OK in having beaulieu at 3rd at the moment.

I would personally build me defense core like that.

Offensive D - 2 way D

Shutdown D - 2 Way D

Physical D - Offensive D

Yandle can't filled the role of being a first pair D in my opinion and I wouldn't want an overpaid D like Yandle on my second pair because he doesn't fit in my "perfect" scheme. 

I watch Habs games, but the fanbase is the reason I try to avoid them if I can. At the moment sure, but the past Emelin has been employed as the #3. Your perfect scheme is so based on what you want as a perfect roster haha. Once again no one is arguing that he would or wouldnt be on their "perfect team". They are saying that in a 30 team league he is a 1st pairing defensemen on a large majority of teams. But your right why have a 50 pt defensemen in your top 2 pairings. This is hilarious, he can't fit the role yet he is 12th in scoring by defensemen on a team like Arizona which has been horrible this season.

Yeah, having an offensive defensemen with an astonish -45 in the past 2 seasons is arguably number 1 defense men in most team.

MacTavish, is that you ? 

Edited by boubabi

Yeah, having an offensive defensemen with an astonish -45 in the past 2 seasons is arguably number 1 defense men in most team.

MacTavish, is that you ? 

His teams have been horrible with no first line to boost that at all, not to mention Mike Smith has been awful. You saying he wouldn't make the top 2 pairings on a team is asinine. How well, at least Chris has the smarts because I'm losing faith in the fanbase in Hab land.

The difference is not everyone is phoenix were horrible as him last season. OEL was -4 last season playing 1st line minutes. Vermette was 0, the second worst player in Phoenix was Ribeiro, the defensive mastermind with -13. 

Yeah right... it must be the team that make him look bad.. not himself. Yandle was -23. And loosing faith because i'm showing clear arguments ? Well, it's good to know.

Edited by boubabi

I want to see Mike Green score 30 again.

That's all I have to contribute to this conversation and ..

Yandle is far from trash. I'm sure a lot of teams wouldn't mind having him in their top-4. Plus salary cap will be over 70 mill so it's not too bad contract wise.

I can agree that some desperate team could grab him and having an offensive role in the top 4 (clearly not top 2) but saying that he would be top line pairing in most team is hilarious. That means MOST team would remove their actual left handed D and put Yandle as first.

just wow

I can agree that some desperate team could grab him and having an offensive role in the top 4 (clearly not top 2) but saying that he would be top line pairing in most team is hilarious. That means MOST team would remove their actual left handed D and put Yandle as first.

just wow

There's just no way I can argue with you with that woman all over your sig and avatar.

Yandle can play top minutes rofl, he does and produces. He's good at what he does.

Making a good first pass and controlling the PP

But after the PP ends, you might need to sit him for a while 

You said above he wouldn't be in your top 4, basically saying he is a #5 defensemen. That's all that needs to be addressed. I'm not losing faith because you think your arguments are clear, I'm losing faith because basing your arguments on what you think is reality instead of what is reality is somewhat silly. Yandle has shown to be a #1 pairing guy. Put Subban on the Coyotes and you'd see a -30 number as well. As I recall people were quite surprised Yandle never made Team USA for 2014, but hey I don't expect Habs fans to pay attention to that because he isn't on their team. For the record OEL is the 2nd pairing with Mark Stone and was last year as well. Michalek has always been paired with Yandle.

Making a good first pass and controlling the PP

But after the PP ends, you might need to sit him for a while 

One could say the same about Subban, Markov, Karlsson, Boyle, Visnovsky; but hey they all play in the top 4.

Markov, are you serious ? 

If you consider Markov at "risk" atm, i'm closing this thread forever. He's been the most consistent player in the Habs Core for 2 seasons now.

And you put Subban, Norris winner in the same category as Visnovsky ? Man..... :facepalm:

Markov, are you serious ? 

If you consider Markov at "risk" atm, i'm closing this thread forever. He's been the most consistent player in the Habs Core for 2 seasons now.

And you put Subban, Norris winner in the same category as Visnovsky ? Man..... :facepalm:

Maybe you need a translator for this. I never once said I was comparing Visnovsky and Subban. I clearly said they are top 4 guys on their teams who would fall under your "sit after the PP scheme". You need to go back and read that. Now you are just making high school grade comments to response.

I'm done. Subban can't play 5vs5 ? Ok, bye.

bye-3.gif

I never said that, I said by your standards if Yandle is a guy you pull off once the PP is over than Subban is the same. However I think both can play 5on5. You are making an argument and not reading what the other person is saying, not sure if its a language thing but you are losing things in translation. Anyways, 99% of the NHl fanbase knows Keith Yandle is a bonafide Top 4 guy, the ones who don't either haven't watched him or are comparing him to players who aren't similar in anyway.

Time to get ready for the Lu/Cory matchup!