Jokinen to coach in the WJC?

jRuutu

The upcoming World Junior Championship has attracted a lot of interest around the VHL, and multiple individuals have publicly shown interest in the open management positions. One of the more surprising names on the list is Erlantz Jokinen, who left his application through his manager. Jokinen is more known as a player, which is not surprising since he has 0 management or coaching experience. Jokinen commented on his application with these words:

''It's not a secret, I want to try my hands in coaching. An international tournament like the WJC is a big tournament, but hockey is hockey. I have played hockey all my life. I have watched and learned from great coaches over the years. I don't know how likely it is that I will be selected, but I left an open application to every country, and I also clearly stated I would be interested in assistant roles as well, so fingers crossed. I think I have what it takes to be part of a coaching group that puts together a team that will compete. That is what you want from a tournament team".

The interest towards the open positions is expected to increase over the next few days.

Edited by jRuutu