Oslo's Dynamic Duo + One

der meister

The Oslo Storm’s surprising surge to the Founder’s Cup Finals has been led by the dynamic top line trio of left wing Vincenzo Valentini, center Alecs van der Merder, and right wing Christoph Klose. All three of the forwards have registered at least a point in every playoff game thus far, with Klose leading the charge with 28 points in 9 games.

“I definitely enjoy being the trigger-man,” Klose admitted after his 5 goal outburst in game 1 of the Finals, a 7-6 overtime loss. “Guys like Alecs and Vince are so good at getting the puck to me at the right time that burying it is easy.”

Combining for 63 points over those 9 games, the trio hopes that they can power the Storm to a Cup victory. “When I was drafted to Oslo,” Klose said, “the story was that we were building toward being a Cup contender next season, and I accepted that my role might be that of a teacher. As I shook off some rust, though, everything just started to click, and now here we are. Hopefully, as the oldest guy on this team, I can use my experience to help my teammates deal with our first loss of the playoffs and bounce back.”