Hlozek Denies Retirement Rumours

Bojovnik

Moscow Menace defenceman Jan Hlozek is set to enter his seventh VHL season, but the Czech blueliner recently refuted rumours that he is set to announce his retirement from the game.

Hlozek joined the Menace ahead of the S83 season, helping the team from the Russian capital make the Continental Cup Finals, where they came up short against the Seattle Bears.

The Topolna native arrived at Moscow’s Vnukovo Airport on Monday ahead of the start of the Menace’s training camp, and was asked about his future.

“I’m not interested in speaking about my future. I’m here for this coming season, and what happens during the season, and after the season, will be discussed when it is necessary,” Hlozek said.

The skilled blueliner, who registered 88 points last season, said that he was excited to get started and determined to bring the title to Russia in S84.

“It took some time to get over the sting of losing in that way. We had one hand on the Continental Cup and let it slip. I’ve used that as motivation, and I’m coming into camp in the best shape I’ve ever been in. I’m 100% committed to Moscow, and ensuring that the club finally gets the title it deserves,” he said before being whisked away in a private car.