Otis Finds a New Home

The last few weeks saw Otis and Odette go through quite a few changes.  We had decided to head back to Galway to wait out the draft. We both wanted to head to the same place, but we knew that was probably not going to happen. As the draft started, we both looked at the television, holding our phones in our hands as we hope it would ring soon. Mine rang first as I was selected by the Philadelphia Reapers. I had some fantastic conversations with the staff in Philly, like I had with every other team. Now we waited for Odette to get her call. It finally came, but not from Philly. She was selected by the Mississauga Hounds.

We discussed how we would work things out and make sure we would be able to spend some time together. As we were winding up the conversation, my phone rang again. It was the front office from Philly. They wanted to know if I was interested in being the Assistant Assistant General Manager. I didnt know what to say, besides YES! I knew I would have alot to learn, but I was more than eager to step up.

We knew there was an additional series of drafts coming up in 2 days, so we had to wait and see where our careers would go after our time in the VHLM was over. We were not sure, but we knew that at least in the for this season it was going to be odd with me trying to score as my wife was defending the net. We didnt think much about the next part of the draft, well, we didnt discuss it anyway.

On Monday night, well, Tuesday morning for us, we found out that Odette would be joining the Cologne Express and the Calgary Wranglers as her career continued. While I would be joining the Vasteras Iron Eagles  and the Moscow Menace.

We started out careers together, almost a fairy tail story to start with. But since that beginning, things have presented some interesting challenges. I was traded to Halifax, then she was cut from Houston while I was released from Halifax. Now we know that at least for the next 3 seasons we will be on opposite sides of the ice. Luckily we will have the breaks during the season to spend time together, but when we get on the ice, it is "the best team win" and we both have pretty strong opinions about who that is!