Snoozing Pt. 2 - Jury Duty Edition

Spartan

I'm currently sitting in a Zoom meeting having checked into my jury selection session, obviously bored out of my mind so I'll get a vhl.com out of the way for the week. I think one of the math teachers from high school is also on this call which is neat, and everyone else seems to be on the older side. It's only my luck that my Government and Politics teacher in high school has waited like 40 years to WILLINGLY be a juror while it took me like 4 years, 3 of which I was out of state and therefore ineligible. Anyways, VHL stuff!

- Excited for the season to start, and a bit nervous as well. Not quite sure how this season will go after losing the best player on the team, and arguably in the league in Duncan Idaho. However it's always very exciting to bring in some fresh blood to the team in Tomas Sogaard and Jason Argos. I think both have worked very hard to make it to the VHL level and both will be expected to pick up a decently significant workload from day 1. 

- Not quite sure how the M/E are looking for this next season, which is something I suppose I'll get to see when the index comes out for each league presumably sometime today. I would imagine the E is in a pretty good spot with a thick S84 draft class, while the M is struggling a bit more due to a lackluster S85 class. We're all hoping recruitment picks up, and that we can bring some more fresh blood into the league.

- I saw Brandon's article earlier this morning about the rookie race this season, and it's actually insane to see how many decent candidates there are. He didn't even have top picks like Napoleon Dynamite or Art Vandelay on the list, which is fair considering the sheer talent coming up from the S83 class. It's very tough to figure out who a decent RotY could be, but I'm leaning towards Hammar Voss, my fellow teammate on Helsinki because of the (hopefully) high scoring year this team is going to have. Voss will be one of the top d-men from day 1, and I think he can drive a lot of offense from the blue line.

I wrote a full vhl.com, 385 words, and we're still sitting in silence as people get pulled out to verify their identity and check in. Please help me.

11 hours ago, Spartan said:

It's only my luck that my Government and Politics teacher in high school has waited like 40 years to WILLINGLY be a juror while it took me like 4 years, 3 of which I was out of state and therefore ineligible.

I’m just picturing someone sitting there like “oh BOY! JURY DUTY!”

I got a summons when I was 19 and got out of it because I was a full-time student (apparently that’s an exception where I live? I didn’t ask many questions and they never wrote back). Glad I’ve never been through it though I am mildly curious.