sTraNgeRs - BMTH

Spartan

One of the nicest things about BMTH releasing a new song is that it gives me and Beav a reason to reach out and chat, which is always nice to do. This next album is obviously going in a very different direction from PH:SH, but it's pretty cool and I think it'll sound great live, so hopefully the album releases by September (doubt it though).

Updater applications were opened up again after some requests to add a couple more folks to the fold and it's pretty crazy to see how many people have applied. The interest rivals that of VHL GM positions, maybe even more than that. I don't really know what people's motivations are to be an updater, but I'll just drop the disclaimer that you can't approve your own update - if that was part of the rationale to apply :D. But it is a fun job, it really forces me to read more content around the league and become more aware of users and their experiences that I would otherwise not really take the time to go and learn about. It can also be extremely exhausting, especially when the queue is massive or you have to deal with either user mistakes, or your own mistakes as an updater. So let that be my short blurb about the role.

Moscow is churning along, somehow, and currently sits first in the entire league. Pretty baffling to me as I expected us to at least be a playoff team, but not really "top of the league" like we were last season. Pretty nuts to be in this position with Idaho, Moreau or Atreides, but that really speaks volumes to the younger players on the team who have stepped up to fill those massive shoes. Sergey Preobrazhensky is shaping up to be a top forward in the league, Kyosti Karjalainen and Wattson Power are really stepping up and scoring points, and even our rookies Tomas Sogaard and Jason Argos are holding their own and exceeding expectations. Hollywood Hlozek is having a monster season before his retirement and Seabasstard and Markinson are simply unstoppable. Toss in the best goalie in the league in Papa Emeritus (and the best backup in the league in Leroy Johnson) and the squad is just rolling opponents (especially Warsaw).

Fun season so far, and we hope to keep the momentum going.