Fraser Wallace at 15

Hoopydog

My idea for theme week is to do an interview with my player Fraser Wallace and ask him about his VHL idols and dreams from when he was 15 years old (I’m counting 1 season as a year for this) Hope you guys enjoy.

Interviewer – “Hello there Fraser, thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to speak with us and happy VHL birthday!”

Wallace – “No problem, man, I quite like doing these interviews with you and happy birthday to VHL!”

Interviewer – “So I thought what we could do is talk what 15-year-old Fraser Wallace thought the VHL, his hopes and dreams of playing in the VHL and stuff like that. Does that sound good to you?”

Wallace – “Yeah that sounds good to me. Ask away!”

Interviewer – “Let’s start with your favourite team at that age. Everyone has a team they support as a child but you don’t always get to play for that team so who was the team you supported growing up?”

Wallace – “I was actually a Moscow fan growing up. You were probably expecting me to say Riga since Artair McCloud played there and he’s also Scottish but there was just something about Moscow that I just enjoyed watching.”

Interviewer – “And what was it about Moscow that drew you to them?”

Wallace – “I think that they’ve had some unreal players on their team over the years. The likes of Lahtinen, Davis, Letang were on the team when I was younger and they were outstanding to watch and unplayable at times. When the time came for the next generation of Moscow guys like Duncan Idaho and Paul Atreides were the dynamic duo of the league for me and 2 players I definitely admired.”

Interviewer – “So who was your favourite player, if you had one or did you have a few players that you liked?”

Wallace – “I think Mikko Lahtinen was probably my favourite player, especially when he was at Moscow. He was just a total freak of nature and he could do things that other players couldn’t. Aside from him I did admire Artair McCloud, being where I’m from you know there is a large hockey community and it can be quite hard to make it big somewhere but he showed me that it was possible and definitely lit a fire under me and I wanted to follow his footsteps.”

Interviewer – “Last thing, I wanted to talk about S79 which was the season when you would have been 15. What are your thoughts and memories from that season?”

Wallace – “It was a disappointing one for sure. Moscow didn’t make the playoffs but the team was still in its rebuilding stage and you saw the following 3 seasons that they improved dramatically. I think Malmo won the playoffs that year and I remember them having a stellar regular season. I don’t remember them having any huge, major stars but rather being a good, solid team that played for each other and played together.”

Interviewer – “Well thank you Fraser again for taking the time out to speak with us, good luck with the rest of the VHLE season and I’ll talk to you again soon”

Wallace – “Thank you very much mate, take care.”