VHL In Real Life

Brandon

SDqRNGS.jpg

I’m writing this on my phone, sitting in a van with a smile on my face, heading to Nazaré, Portugal to go surfing at the moment, then I’m off to Lisbon. It’s funny, being on vacation travelling through Europe, one would think that I’m not thinking about the VHL. Instead, this travelling experience has given me an even greater appreciation for what this league, and more importantly, this community, has to offer. And to say that, as someone who came back to the league precisely because of my unbelievable experience from S5 - S25, means a lot. It’s wild the connections and relationships you can make through a simple simulation league on the internet. I try to explain it to friends, but truthfully, it’s hard to put into words. I have to give a billion thanks to @leandrofg. Even though we weren’t able to meet up, he provided me with a tremendous amount of advice for my stay in Porto. Not gonna lie, I miss being in the same lockerroom as that legend, Calgary is unbelievably lucky, he is someone who you can build your franchise around, not only for his player, but more importantly for Leandro himself. Thanks to him, I was able to experience the culture of Porto through and through. Try the authentic cuisines that I wouldn’t have otherwise known to try, and visit some breathtaking places. I’ve visited 16 countries, and travelled to a good amount of cities inside each of those countries, and Porto, Portugal is easily in my top 3 cities in the world that I’ve visited. I’ll definitely be back in the next 5 years, no question. 

1kM8JVU.jpg

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I’m writing this on my phone, sitting in a van with a smile on my face, heading to Nazaré, Portugal to go surfing at the moment, then I’m off to Lisbon. It’s funny, being on vacation travelling through Europe, one would think that I’m not thinking about the VHL. Instead, this travelling experience has given me an even greater appreciation for what this league, and more importantly, this community, has to offer. And to say that, as someone who came back to the league precisely because of my unbelievable experience from S5 - S25, means a lot. It’s wild the connections and relationships you can make through a simple simulation league on the internet. I try to explain it to friends, but truthfully, it’s hard to put into words. I have to give a billion thanks to @leandrofg.

My guy, Brandon! I am so happy you're enjoying your time here, and I appreciate your kind words! ❤️

Even though we weren’t able to meet up, he provided me with a tremendous amount of advice for my stay in Porto. Not gonna lie, I miss being in the same lockerroom as that legend, Calgary is unbelievably lucky, he is someone who you can build your franchise around, not only for his player, but more importantly for Leandro himself. Thanks to him, I was able to experience the culture of Porto through and through. Try the authentic cuisines that I wouldn’t have otherwise known to try, and visit some breathtaking places. I’ve visited 16 countries, and travelled to a good amount of cities inside each of those countries, and Porto, Portugal is easily in my top 3 cities in the world that I’ve visited.

I'm a bit mad at myself for not being able to meet you for a meal while you were here, but it was impossible this past week - even taking into account the thousands of kilometers/miles you've flown to be here. 😅

That said, I'll get in touch with you later since you're continuing your trip down south! Some more recommendations you may find appealing 😁

I’ll definitely be back in the next 5 years, no question. 

If that happens, I'll schedule a couple of days off in advance to show you around 😁

27 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

@Brandon not sure if you were serious about Nazare OR surfing there, but I would love to visit that place.  The surfing there is no joke tho 😆 so hopefully you've done it before... 100 foot swells...

I’ve surfed before, and luckily it’s A LOT more tame right now in the summer. I’m not looking to die with 100 foot waves that’s for sure. It all depends on finding a spot that caters to the skill level you’re looking for. Especially as you head up or down the coast from the main spot your thinking about! 

51 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

My guy, Brandon! I am so happy you're enjoying your time here, and I appreciate your kind words! ❤️

I'm a bit mad at myself for not being able to meet you for a meal while you were here, but it was impossible this past week - even taking into account the thousands of kilometers/miles you've flown to be here. 😅

That said, I'll get in touch with you later since you're continuing your trip down south! Some more recommendations you may find appealing 😁

If that happens, I'll schedule a couple of days off in advance to show you around 😁

No worries at all, I’m more than thankful and totally understand! I’ll be in Lisbon until Monday, so not much time. I’m sure I’ll be back at some point since it’s so beautiful here, and if you ever find yourself in Vancouver let me know!

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I’ve surfed before, and luckily it’s A LOT more tame right now in the summer. I’m not looking to die with 100 foot waves that’s for sure. It all depends on finding a spot that caters to the skill level you’re looking for. Especially as you head up or down the coast from the main spot your thinking about! 

There's a really good documentary about the history behind that surfing spot and how it became popular, it's what got me interested in visiting that area.  Enjoy!